Recent content by ACÓNITO

1. A

[RPG]: La Puerta de Ishtar, reviewed by Aegypto (4/5)

¡Holas! I've ran several one-shot sessions and a campaign for this gem -- it is truly a spectacular experience. The mechanics (often heavily borrowed from Mouse Guard's) are simple and nuanced at the same time, and both players and GM co-write the ongoing plot. Even tho I'm partial to...
  2. A

[Lets Read] Pathfinder Adventure Path: Strange Aeons (Spoilers within).

Re: [Lets Read] Pathdinder Adventure Path: Strange Aeons (Spoilers within). Hiyas: Shew me where in the stories they don't go bonkers. Á
  3. A

[Lets Read] Pathfinder Adventure Path: Strange Aeons (Spoilers within).

Re: [Lets Read] Pathdinder Adventure Path: Strange Aeons (Spoilers within). Hey, don't knock off THE GREATEST RPG EVAH! Shoggoth gonna get your soul! Á
  4. A

[Broken Shield] Superpunk?

Hiyas: Perhaps superpunk began with "Wild Cards" (GRRM editor), itself a recounting of these writer's experience w/Superworld by Chaosium? Á
  5. A

[RPG]: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, reviewed by Logic Breaker (5/3)

Hiyas! I agree wholeheartedly. What the revuer seems to be skeptickal about (one of the game's "flaws", in his point of view) is what I really love about it. for instance, the dice mechanic doesn't make it harder for the campaign "to stay on course", it actually enhances play by involving...
  6. A

[RPG]: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, reviewed by Logic Breaker (5/3)

Hiyas: Nitpick [SPOILER] The Emperor killed Vader. About putting the PCs as major players in the SW canon: I believe you are asking too much of this game, since it "revolves" around the edge of said canon (pun)... that's why the PCs aren't in its' spolight. Altho' some of the new EOTE...
  7. A

[RPG]: Myriad Song, reviewed by Darren MacLennan (4/3)

Hiyas! That's a matter of opinion. I think it still displays "bold new vistas" & it's very good at it. Salut! Á
  8. A

[RPG]: Myriad Song, reviewed by Darren MacLennan (4/3)

Hi: I believe Heavy Metal still gets published. Á Rockin'
  9. A

[RPG]: Mindjammer, reviewed by First Age (5/5)

HI: Pray tell, how does this compare to Mindjammer's previous incarnation? Thanks! Á
  10. A

[Comic]: Flash Gordon – On The planet Mongo , reviewed by jontheman (5/4)

Hiyas! Funny thing about your story, Mine's complete opposite. I first read the comic, then saw the serials, after getting to know the SW backstory. Too bad Raymond was taken from us too early. Cheers! Á
  11. A

[RPG]: The Sense of the Sleight-of-Hand Man: A Dreamlands Campaign for Call of Cthulhu, reviewed by kafka (4/5)

Hiyas! Confused. Do you "like it" or "no"? Very kafkaeske... Á
  12. A

[RPG]: Rimward, reviewed by LatwPIAT (5/2)

Hiyas! I second pytorbs' remarks. I believe that this is a neat, well-balanced product. Á
  13. A

[RPG]: Unspeakable Oath #23, reviewed by kafka (5/5)

I usually luv UO, but the sheer size of that propaganda-disguised-as-an-adventure really ticked me off. I guess I'll haveta be more careful from now on buying Arc Dream stuff.:( Á
  14. A

[RPG]: Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, reviewed by darrick3909 (5/5)

Re: [RPG]: Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, reviewed by darrick3909 (5/5) Hi Venger (sorry about the horn): How does Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea compare to LoTFP's Carcosa in pulpi/grimness, if at all? Á
  15. A

[RPG]: Fate Core, reviewed by ludomastro (3/4)

Hello! Semi-rant following: Without getting into minutae, I don't know for sure what game you're talking about, 'cos the FATE system is radically different from most systems, if not all systems. If you're really saying that it looks & plays like Savage Worlds/BRP/GURPS & other similar [&...
Top Bottom