• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by AegonTheUnready

1. AegonTheUnready

YA advice for tween girl?

Young niece, she's read some dystopian YA but has expressed interest in fantasy and space opera. Would CJ Cherryh's Chanur series be appropiate for this age group? (she likes cats :) ) I read it a looong time ago and cannot remember. Failing that, other recommendations welcome.
  2. AegonTheUnready

ISTOGOKO Painting abandoned villages

Nice! Your fields are DIY, or some company?
  3. AegonTheUnready

ISTOGOKO Painting abandoned villages

Hi all, I'm starting my project of an abandoned Russian village, possibly for Bolt Action or Chain of Command or maybe larger scale like Rommel. I'm using this screenshot as an inspiration +++ How would you approach this? Neutral gray undercoat, drybrush lighter grays, with burnt umber stain...
  4. AegonTheUnready

What can you do with acrylic mediums for paint?

Some of the pigments are toxic as well.
  5. AegonTheUnready

🎨 Creative August Painting Thread

This is not mine to be clear. I just found this on another forum and thought I'd share. Apologiy if someone has already seen this
  6. AegonTheUnready

I wonder if the matte medium could be put as a dull-cote over a glossy varnish? Hm, time for a sacrifical figure
  7. AegonTheUnready

I was given some different mediums as gifts. Matt medium, slow-dri, and some glaze medium. What sorts of different effects can i get out of these?
  8. AegonTheUnready

Wes Anderson's Inglorious Basterds? what is this I don't even...

Yeah, that was my impression of the trailer. A disaster. But if people here say it's okay, I'll give it a try. Tentatively.
  9. AegonTheUnready

Wes Anderson's Inglorious Basterds? what is this I don't even...

JoJo Rabbit teaser trailer "Toronto International Film Festival official selection"?!? bwah? Little kid plays with his imaginary friend Adolph Hitler? Can anyone explain this? please tell me it isn't what the trailer makes it out to be?
  10. AegonTheUnready

Some photos from Historicon 2019 (picture heavy)

Thanks! Post editted with corection
  11. AegonTheUnready

The friend who forwarded those to me is a friend of Walt's too. :)
  12. AegonTheUnready

I wasn't in attendance this year, but a friend was kind enough to forward me a picture heavy review with great eye candy WW2 aerial duels. Rules are Bag the Hun. Fantasy skirmish. GW Lord of the Rings 28mm Napoleonics 15mm SYW Renaissance galley warfare 6mm ancients Ogre minis...
  13. AegonTheUnready

Bloomberg has a story on professional GMing [merged]

This popped up in my feed today. I thought the subject matter may be of interest to folks here for obvious reasons. :) $500 a session? Man, geek culture really has won, hasn't it? The author could have done without the "childish things" dig. Piss off, journalist lady. more here...
  14. AegonTheUnready

Fields of Glory:Empires is live

I think Culture/Decadence is a way to win without having to paint the map, as victory is determined by the highest Legacy? How has diplomacy been so far?
  15. AegonTheUnready

Fields of Glory:Empires is live

So FOG:E has been released by Slitherine today. Downloading now. It occupies the same space as Paradox's Rome game, i.e. strateic warfare i the ancient Mediterranean, except with a bit less emphasis on culture and religion, but more on the battle aspect. (there is an option to play out the...
Top Bottom