• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Akrasia

1. Akrasia

[5th ed] Adjustments to running published adventures with only two characters

Why not simply have the players run two characters each (treating two as the 'primary' PCs and the other two as 'henchmen')?
  2. Akrasia

[Lore] Greyhawk

Yeah, I don't care for these changes either -- especially the Great Kingdom one. I love having an evil, decadent, [fantasy-version-of] Byzantium Empire in the setting. I also preferred having the Bandit Kingdoms and the Wild Coast as anarchic places.
  3. Akrasia

Saltmarsh secrets..... changing and adding more Greyhawk and Cthulhu-cultist

Tharizdun was the 'Lovecraftian' deity from the original setting (an 'outsider' vis-a-vis all the other deities, with inscrutable goals, etc.).
  4. Akrasia

Celebrating Greyhawk: A Fandom Renaissance - GaryCon XI Seminar

Right -- that wasn't stated in the article, but I guess I should've inferred that. I'm sure it was obvious to readers more immersed in Greyhawk than myself. I'm happy with the 576 C.Y. version of the setting, but certainly am willing to consider incorporating useful things from others' takes on...
  5. Akrasia

Celebrating Greyhawk: A Fandom Renaissance - GaryCon XI Seminar

I'm getting back into Greyhawk after a longtime away, so this is quite timely... It looks like it was a cool seminar! (Based on the blog post; I don't have the patience to listen to podcasts, alas.) But looking at Oerth Journal #28, "Greyhawk Reborn" (pp.24-26), I have to wonder what happened...
  6. Akrasia

Goodman Games news from GaryCon: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks

Well this is exciting news! I love the Dying Earth stories, so I'll be sure to check out a new DE role-playing game. I haven't been too impressed with DCCRPG based on what I've seen so far (which, I'll be quick to confess, isn't much), but if there is a DE variant perhaps I might be won over...
  7. Akrasia

Goodman Games news from GaryCon: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks

I can barely remember Empire of the East and the Swords series -- I think I read them ~35 years ago -- but one thing that I do remember vividly is that Empire is indeed set long before the Swords novels (the "Empire" remains on a map at the time of Swords, but it's only a small patch of land...
  8. Akrasia

runequest 6 is dead! long live runequest 6!

... ... I agree with these sentiments.
  9. Akrasia

Moon Design Joins Chaosium Ownership Group

Re: Moon Design Takes Over Chaosium Spot on.
  10. Akrasia

What makes the Forgotten Realms a great setting

I like the Realms primarily because I loved (and still love) the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale CRPGs (and, to a lesser extent, Neverwinter Nights). Those games created a vivid, living world, with lots of excellent NPCs, and were beautiful to look at as well (okay, maybe not NN so much). So...
  11. Akrasia

What makes the Forgotten Realms a great setting

I highly recommend Paul Kemp's Erevis Cale novels. They are quite dark, far darker than I ever would have expected FR novels to be, but at times funny as well. Kemp's novels are sort of like Joe Abercrombie's version of the Realms.
  12. Akrasia

Re: Moon Design Takes Over Chaosium If the rules and setting material are clearly differentiated in the forthcoming re-Glorantha-ized version of RQ, then I think that non-Glorantha RQers will not face a huge problem with using RQ with their own settings or other RQ settings (e.g. Mythic...
  13. Akrasia

Re: Moon Design Takes Over Chaosium Um… DM will be supporting RQ with non-Glorantha material well past another year. And the Chaosium version of RQ will be compatible with RQ6 (i.e., the same underlying system). I don't quite understand why so many people are misunderstanding what is...
  14. Akrasia

Re: Moon Design Takes Over Chaosium Um… they are going to be able to publish more material for it:
  15. Akrasia

Re: Moon Design Takes Over Chaosium I think that it'll be easy enough to use the Chaosium version of RQ in settings other than Glorantha. Certainly non-Glorantha settings will continue to be available from DM. And of course you still have a year to pick up non-Glorantha-ized RQ6, if you...
Top Bottom