Recent content by Azimer the Mad

1. Azimer the Mad

[Spoiler Thread] Godzilla: King of the Monsters - I've seen it.

I just rewatched it last night, and noticed she actually tries an excuse to get her friend to get out of the installation. When he tells her he's staying, she gets a momentary sad look. So she knew EVERYONE else was getting murdered, but she tried to save that one co-worker she liked. Still...
  2. Azimer the Mad

What're the best kaiju movies, human-parts-only?

I'd absolutely say so.
  3. Azimer the Mad

Waterdeep Dragon Heist and Undermountain Geography Puzzle.

Both are pretty clear that there's a 300 ft tunnel from the basement of a Skullport bar to Xanathar's lair. Now, the depth of the lair is kept vague, listed as "hundreds of feet," but I feel pretty confident in the 300 ft tunnel.
  4. Azimer the Mad

So this popped up on Reddit, and nobody quite knows the artist. All I'm saying is that second from the left should be Maddie. Better show.
  5. Azimer the Mad

The Japanese cut of King Kong Versus Godzilla is some of Japan's most capable comedians (one nicknamed "Japan's Charlie Chaplain") being hilarious. The American distributor's maintained that monsters were serious business and cut almost all the comedy. I've really laughed at some of the Looney...
  6. Azimer the Mad

I suspect Kong would do stuff just to piss Godzilla off, though.
  7. Azimer the Mad

Invasion of the Astro-Monster has dashing astronaut/cook Nick Adams and his two-fisted adventure of tragic alien romance. For a kid, Destroy All Monsters. 90% of human scenes are spy shootouts or spaceships.
  8. Azimer the Mad

[Let’s Read] Volo’s Guide to Monsters

Kobold inventors are the straw that broke the camel's back for my players. The group's opinion of kobolds went from "These guys are dangerous" to a permanent "FUCK THESE GUYS."
  9. Azimer the Mad

The best close-up we get of his hands is when he holds the bridge cabling to help the humans escape after interposing himself between the missiles and the civilians. He lets go in that clip at 3:05 seconds, and it looks very much to me that his thumb is part of the grip.
  10. Azimer the Mad

Why Us?

I started my campaign by passing a cup filled with slips of paper around the table, with everybody drawing two. They included things like "The person to the left had a shit job with you. What was it?" and "You confessed a secret while drunk one night to the person on your right. What was it?"...
  11. Azimer the Mad

Saltmarsh - Clues for rise of R'yleh sunken city

The first step to the Rise of R'lyeh is having those who are sensitive, dreamers, spell casters, and the like all start experiencing the same nightmares. You can also have monsters and races which are closer to the spirit realm or magic suddenly start whipping up into a frenzy. I would just...
  12. Azimer the Mad

[5E] I don't 'get' the Warlock

My wife's warlock finds her familiar very useful by having it use the help action on Eldritch Blast targets, then pushing the target away from the familiar.
  13. Azimer the Mad

Waterdeep Dragon Heist and Undermountain Geography Puzzle.

Spoilers for the respective adventures... Spoilery space. Spoily, spoily So, my players are being paid by multiple goblinoid groups in Undermountain to assassinate Xanathar's mind flayer. Basically, the players exposed how he's using intellect devourers to pull an Invasion of the Body...
  14. Azimer the Mad

Asmodeus and soul-trading [Dragon Heist spoilers]

I don't think it's legal within the cosmology of the Forgotten Realms. I think the gods would treat it as more like a trick Asmodeus played on the parents. That's why my players ventured to Sigil with a copy of the Cassalanter's contract, found a kidnapped Modron giving free legal advice behind...
  15. Azimer the Mad

[Let’s Read] Volo’s Guide to Monsters

There's a great free adventure from Wizards called The Barber of Silverymoon, made to highlight Volo's Guide creatures, with the Annis Hag as the big bad. It was whimsically gory and wonderful. Best map ever, since they got Jason Bradley Thompson to do it. Spoilered for size.
Top Bottom