• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Bira

1. B

[Let's Read] The 4e Monster Manual and Monster Vault

Ettin Ettins are two-headed giants who have been a part of the game since at least AD&D 1st Edition. Capitalization is important here - ettins are giants, not Giants, in the sense that they've never been part of the Giant entry. They're present in both books. The Lore Fourth Edition...
  2. B

[Blog] Octopus Carnival RPG Posts

It's been a while since I posted here! A lot more monsters from the Let's Read have gone up, so I'll just link to the project page. If you want to read something more than monster descriptions, you could try this Let's Read Hell's Rebels entry. It covers the first distinct "region" of the big...
  3. B

[General Anime] Non-Current Anime Discussion Thread

The EVAs are still technically "super robots" in that each one is unique and can only be piloted by a specific person, but yeah, this is a show that mixes in a lot of Real Robot tropes with a heavier than usual questioning of the basic "axioms" of a Super Robot show. Those would be (IMO): the...
  4. B

Yeah, but his scene conveys a lot more of that "fell into the cockpit" vibe to me than Amuro's did. He's genuinely startled at the transformation and all the non-airplane things a Valkyrie can do, and fumbles harder until he can get his bearings. I also agree about EVA being more of a Super...
  5. B

I've heard people saying that Amuro literally falls into the cockpit of the Gundam, but it ends up being a lot less literal than I thought. Sure, he has no military training, but he's a gearhead who knows exactly what the Gundam is, he has a manual that he actually reads, and he enters the...
  6. B

🎨 Creative Ways for a D&D Dragon to Age Faster in a Good Way

If it were me I would prefer to just say the dragon improved itself between appearances, pretty much like a PC would. Only instead of it gaining class levels it now counts as an older age category. Maybe I'd add a few class levels on top of that if necessary, but just upping the "age" category...
  7. B

Ettercaps do have a better niche in 4e, since they're Heroic-tier and Drow are usually Paragon-tier. However, I do find their default lore a bit boring (yet another group of primitive, hostile humanoids). The alternatives given here are a lot more flavorful!
  8. B

[Let's Read] 13th Age Bestiary

I love it that Baba Yaga gets a stat block in this book.
  9. B

OOC GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: In Search of the Unknown

It should yeah. I found myself to be not in quite the right mindset for an update, but I'll find time for it today.
  10. B

Ettercap My first contact with ettercaps was in Neverwinter Nights, where if you found a bunch of giant spiders in a lower-level module you could be sure an ettercap wasn't far behind. They've been around since at least 2nd edition, when they appear in the Monstrous Manual. It's likely...
  11. B

The new She Ra show on Netflix.

12. B

The new She Ra show on Netflix.

Finally watched all of Season 3, so I can finally read this thread again! She-Ra is definitely a show with two seasons, they just chopped season 2 up for some reason. Perhaps the whole thing didn't get ready on time?
  13. B

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

That bookworm show looks to be right up my alley as well. I'm not sure I'd consider it isekai played straight if the story really is about the girl introducing books into the world. It seems to be a nonviolent story (which is awesome)! "Playing it straight" in my mind tends to involve a setup...
  14. B

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

It has a bit of that Cowboy Bebop energy while not being all that similar to Cowboy Bebop. It's more frenetic and violent, and apparently a bit more on the fantasy side despite having mecha. I liked the protagonists so far (I'm on Episode 3, I think).
  15. B

[Let’s Read] Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes

Does Mordenkainen's Tome assume a generic setting? I thought pretty much every published book aside possibly from the core three focused on the Forgotten Realms.
Top Bottom