• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by BMonroe

1. BMonroe

eBay Hand Painted Fantasy RPG Miniatures (and one Star Wars Jedi)

Just slashed all the opening bids and BIN prices in half.
  2. BMonroe

eBay Hand Painted Fantasy RPG Miniatures (and one Star Wars Jedi)

From Citadel, Reaper, Metal Magic, Mithril, and Wizards of the Coast. 4 days left in the auctions, and no bids yet. Your chance to get some great minis at great prices. https://www.ebay.com/sch/bmonroe/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
  3. BMonroe

How does one go about self-publishing an RPG?

I would highly recommend you read this article before you start seriously thinking about publishing your own game: https://www.wired.com/2019/07/geeks-guide-tabletop-rpgs/
  4. BMonroe

eBay A bunch of hand-painted fantasy miniatures for sale

6 of the lots didn't sell the first time, and have been relisted.
  5. BMonroe

Did you know that THIS game is based on the rules/SRD of THAT game?

Which then traces it's lineage back to a collection of house rules for D&D. Eventually, everything goes back to D&D.
  6. BMonroe

*24 Hour Bump-Da-Bump-Da-Bump!” Lots (most) of the minis don’t have bids yet. Now’s your chance to fill up your table with some of my best figures!
  7. BMonroe

Broken into a number of lots, we've got some neat monsters, a handful of PC/NPC types, lots to pick and choose from. See the current listings here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/bmonroe/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
  8. BMonroe

Tiny Supers - Yes or No?

Okay, I think I get what you're saying. At least I think I can understand where you're coming from, even if I don't feel my experience was the same. It seems like you were expecting something a little more fully formed, and less DIY. I admit I've only read Tiny Supers yet, not had a chance to...
  9. BMonroe

Tiny Supers - Yes or No?

Bug/Feature, etc. To me this is a selling point. I'd rather have a game that focuses on 90% of the rules that tend to come up most often, and leave the few outlying weird things for the GM and players to sort out when the time comes. Admittedly, I also come from the school of thought that it...
  10. BMonroe

Fate as 1st RPG?

One of my favorite ways to run Fate is to supply “mostly finished” PCs. Leave one Stunt and one Aspect open for the player to describe. That gives them the benefit of having PCs basically ready to go, but also allows for them to put their own ideas in to personalize them.
  11. BMonroe

Sell me on any Urban Fantasy game

It's still a work in progress, but Chris Helton's "Paranormal Friction" looks like it could be pretty interesting. It's a hack of Fate Accelerated, and he's doling out the book as he writes it via Patreon...
  12. BMonroe

Favorite system for Swashbuckling Duels?

Sadly, it's not out yet... But the Zorro RPG using WEG D6 v.2 looks like it's going to be great for this. One of the previews on the Kickstarter talked about the dueling mechanics, and they look like a ton of fun.
  13. BMonroe

[Sell me on] Tiny Supers

What is it missing that you'd need to add in order to be able to convert over? Maybe it could be a fun thread on its own to crowdsource house ruling stuff for your game?
  14. BMonroe

💀 Necro In honour of Ursula LeGuin, what RPG for Earthsea?

Back in the day, I'd've used Magic World/Stormbringer, or Ars Magica. In fact, back in the late 90s a buddy of mine and I did a little work on hacking AM into an Earthsea game, though we never got a chance to play it. Today, I'd probably use Fate or Tiny Dungeon. Tiny Dungeon would need a bunch...
  15. BMonroe

RUNE RPG by Robin D Laws

I've kind of always wanted to play Rune, but never had a chance to. I skimmed the rules when it first came out, and thought it was a pretty neat idea. And fantasy vikings mashed up with a streamlined Ars Magica system seems like something I'd love. But I never got my brain around the rotating...
Top Bottom