Recent content by BMonroe

1. BMonroe

[Tiny Dungeon/TinyD6] Doing anything with it? Tell me, please, if so!

Tiny Gods is really tweaking my brain meats right now. I had an idea a while ago to do a primordial earth game, with PCs being human heroes throwing off the shackles of their Atlantean oppressors. I'd imagined it initially as a riff on the Eternal Champion stuff, with PCs being...
  2. BMonroe

[Tiny Dungeon/TinyD6] Doing anything with it? Tell me, please, if so!

Tides of Destiny looks awesome. My daughter's been on a mermaid kick lately, so when my hardcopy arrives, I'll have to show it to her. The rest of the Tiny* line looks really fun. I've been reading them off and on for a couple of months now, and really like them. They're "Beer & Pretzels" style...
  3. BMonroe

SJG offering partial refunds and continuing to work with Bill Webb [see redtext in post 163]

if Webb had been admonished by his company, or shown any remorse or growth from the incident, I bet people would be a lot more willing to forgive him.
  4. BMonroe

SJG offering partial refunds and continuing to work with Bill Webb [see redtext in post 163]

Money seems to be flowing the other way. FGG has licensed TFT a for their own projects. Really disappointing. I always thought SJG was one of the “good guys” in the industry. I certainly won’t be supporting the FGG tie-in stuff, and the situation has diminished my enthusiasm for TFT, which I...
  5. BMonroe

Recommendations for 1:1 GoT style fantasy?

Kind of the new/old hotness, but I'm really grooving on the Fantasy Trip right now. The two small boxed sets "Melee" & "Wizard" are really not much more than fantasy duel games, and super easy to grasp. I'd never played before, but a pal ran a few fights for me a couple of months ago, and it...
  6. BMonroe

The GURPS Path Not Taken.....

I have an intense Like/Ugh attitude towards GURPS. I've played dozens of sessions of the game since it first came out (in fact, the first game I played with it was a game of Man-to-Man run by my roommate the night that M2M first hit retail stores). Every session of it I've ever played has been...
  7. BMonroe

Unisystem - What would you like to see next?

I'm focusing on fiction these days. It just brings me more enjoyment. :)
  8. BMonroe

I'm really not all that interested in writing RPG stuff any more, but if Derek wanted to take the idea and run with it, I'd be more than happy to see what he came up with.
  9. BMonroe

Not really, but also yes...? I was playing some Con-X with pals, and we were really getting into the base building stuff. Then I started thinking about AFMBE, and the scrounging rules from OotL. I had this nutty idea that would allow you to bank your resource points for your base in AFMBE, and...
  10. BMonroe

I wish I'd had the chance to convert the Con-X base rules to AFMBE. I'd talked to Eden about doing that for a possible future edition of the game, but it never happened.
  11. BMonroe

💀 Necro RPG dreams that will never happen....

Have you looked at All Flesh Must be Eaten? Because it can totally do monsters other than zombies. Grab the "One of the Living" supplement for rules for building survival gear, long-term play options, and a number of settings set many years after the fall of civilization to show how folks are...
  12. BMonroe

Steve Jackson has The Fantasy Trip again! [Kickstarted successfully!]

In preordered the Legacy box, Companion, and Melee/Wizard pocket box from GameKastle.com.
  13. BMonroe

Idea: SJG should run a Kickstarter for a TFT Bestiary, set of counters for the new and existing monsters, and a whole bunch of new illustrated hex templates. Call it “Mazes & Monsters.”
  14. BMonroe

I had to back out of the KS at the time, and regretted it. Just preordered a copy of the Legacy box, Melee/Wizard pocket box, and the Companion from my FLGS. Can't wait to dig into it whenever it arrives. Had a chance to look at a friend's copy earlier today, and it looks like it's going to be...
Top Bottom