• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by bottg

1. bottg

How does one go about self-publishing an RPG?

You could also contact an existing publisher and release it through them. They will make sure that the layout etc is good, and will publicise it too. They will take a chunk of the royalties for doing so, but will be able to get it known to thousands of customers.
  2. bottg

An Open Letter to Implore You to Play Old Games

But that only happens, what, once every ten sessions or so??? Or maybe I am doing it wrong!
  3. bottg

If only everyone thought like that!! There are plenty of games out there and plenty of versions, so choose what you want to play and have fun. End of story.
  4. bottg

Strangely, I see the opposite more often where: [SEMI-QUOTE] I find I often run into problems with the people who insist that those newer games are superior to everything that has come before them and if I don't agree with them, then I'm A) Doing It Wrong B) Not a Real Gamer™ C) Too Stupid to...
  5. bottg

As my catalogue shows, I have a great fondness for some of the older games. Some of that is undoubtedly nostalgia. But I also have long held the opinion that a good game is a good game. The years have brought different ways of doing things, many of which are good and some not so good. Just...
  6. bottg

"Lifepath" systems

Here is a fairly in depth example of Maelstrom Domesday character creation: https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/wherein-i-create-a-maelstrom-domesday-character.727640/
  7. bottg

A class as weird as its setting?

Is that a class or a setting?
  8. bottg

"Lifepath" systems

I am a big fan (as maelstrom domesday, gothic and rome show), i feel it can really tie a character to a setting. I am out at tge moment but when i get home i will post some links.
  9. bottg

(Which system) Stumped about what to suggest?

Advanced Fighting Fantasy? It is in the Bundle of Holding for a few more hours so you can get almost everything at an 80% discount, and there is plenty of discussion here: https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/bundle-of-holding-advanced-fighting-fantasy.848326/
  10. bottg

[Bundle of Holding] Advanced Fighting Fantasy

Oh yes, I had completely forgotted about that!
  11. bottg

And don't forget that you can always choose to not test. You fail automatically, but you keep those important LUCK points for what could a more dangerous encounter later!
  12. bottg

Online gaming?

Yes, you can do both at the same time. It will even say when his mic is muted.
  13. bottg

Thank you Atlictoatl for your honest assessment of things and of course backing the bundle. If I am honest, I have to say that I had never thought that a list of modifiers could have put someone off, but everyone is different in what they look for in a game and indeed what they don't...
  14. bottg

What I would say about the modifiers though is that even in its first incarnation it was designed as an ideal intro rpg, even framing it as making a movie! I kept the list of modifiers because new GMs often have real trouble deciding if a modifier is too much/not enough and this gives guidance...
  15. bottg

Almost everything is available as PoD from DTRPG, with the books also available from my webstore and various FLGS's. The three new books will be available in print fairly soon. The plan is also to collate the various pdf adventures into print books at some point as well.
Top Bottom