Recent content by bottg

1. bottg

What are you playing/running in 2019?

We have quite a few Titan-based adventures for AFF, with more being published all the time
  2. bottg

Excellent! I wish i had the time now to sit down and play through that shelf again.
  3. bottg

Originals or the new releases?
  4. bottg

Running this year: Parts 4, 5 and 6 of my 8-part Arianka campaign for WFRP 2e Some more of the Earthdawn campaign Coffin Rock for Deadlands Reloaded An adventure i am writing for human(ish) All interspersed with some individual Darkest Dungeon/Shadows of the Demon Lord mashup sessions Playing...
  5. bottg

Bundle of Holding - A Song of Ice and Fire

It has been some time since we last played it, but i am sure i made notes on my campaign somewhere... If i remember rightly, we limited the value of the Specialities to half of the main rating. It is the Speciality dice that seem to overpower things. I will re-read the book later and see if...
  6. bottg

Bundle of Holding - A Song of Ice and Fire

I actually quite like the system (with a few house rules anyway!). For some reason i have never had much liking for Westeros as a setting and so used the system for a long Middle Earth game that worked very well indeed.
  7. bottg

What's Your Experience With Virtual Tabletop Applications?

A Kickstarter for the new version of Fantasy Grounds launches on May 1st!
  8. bottg

Who are the big "name" writers and designers currently?

RPG's are interesting in that most are known for the game and not the author. Looking over at my shelves, i have a real soft spot for DCC, love Earthdawn and WFRP 2e, Mongoose Traveller etc, but i could not tell you without looking who wrote them. Many do not even have the name on the cover...
  9. bottg

Who are the big "name" writers and designers currently?

It might be an idea if a few works of each author were listed. I havnt heard of quite a few of these and dont want to havd to google them all individually...
  10. bottg

What's Your Experience With Virtual Tabletop Applications?

I have been using Fantasy Grounds now for about 10 years i think. We play a weekly game of 4-5 hours a time and have even run full weekend games. For something like D&D5e, Savage Worlds etc where you have a fully automated ruleset, it is much faster than face to face. Once you are all OK with...
  11. bottg

Against the Darkmaster...

I see that you still have to register for the quickstart. Ages ago i spent an hour or more trying to actually register there and never seemed to be able to do it. Have you thought about adding it to DTRPG as a free download there?
  12. bottg

Why Fantasy?

People have always told stories of the fantastic. Even the earliest Literature (Epic of Gilgamesh for example) is a fantasy story. Most myths and legends feature monsters, treasure, strange peoples and magic. I think that humans are just naturally interested in Fantasy, and that spills over...
  13. bottg

Longtime player, new GM seeking advice for Shadow of the Demon Lord

I actually use a version of a funnel. Everyone starts with two characters and runs through the starting adventure. If characters do die, there is no major problem because they have two each. At the end of that adventure, players get to choose which character they run with. I mentioned...
  14. bottg

Recommend me a lightweight OSR clone for demos

If you are at Airecon next weekend, drop by and have a chat about it.
  15. bottg

Recommend me a lightweight OSR clone for demos

At cons i run a time limited AFF game. Super easy to play and witn the ff gamesbooks still availabke, many people know the sytem anyway. Tha adventure i run has to be complered in 45min or the characters die... More whenni get home
Top Bottom