• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Brad J. Murray

1. Brad J. Murray

Probability Sticky

Might call for an analytical solution rather than a Monte Carlo. Consider https://eric22222.wordpress.com/2009/03/22/a-mathematical-analysis-of-exploding-dice/ for the d6 case and extrapolate.
  2. Brad J. Murray

Scaffold check Party controls single giant Jaeger

I'm interested in your use of the word "scaffold" here since I recently wrote about the technique and thought I coined the word (in this context, obviously). I'd love to track its progress in the wild. :D
  3. Brad J. Murray

[Sci-Fi, Mostly] New Worlds to Steal?

Beregon alpha and beta are mutually orbiting planetoids. They have pressure but limited air and resources sufficient to create and sustain habitation. They are primarily inhabited by industry, work forces, and prisons. The configuration of these two worlds is not explained by astrophysics: they...
  4. Brad J. Murray

What is the least playable RPG?

Yeah I think this is the only game I ever bought that never made it to the table because I couldn't. Space Opera I played a ton of.
  5. Brad J. Murray

In which I try to give FATE another chance by posting a WIR thread on Diaspora

Well, obviously I’ve thought about this a lot and am also able to bring to bear my experiences writing Elysium Flare (a Fate derivation) and our two Soft Horizon Games (a custom system). With the formalization of Fate as “Fate Core” and “Fate Accelerate Edition” I wind up pinned between several...
  6. Brad J. Murray

In which I try to give FATE another chance by posting a WIR thread on Diaspora

For what it’s worth, the next edition won’t be Fate. And way back in the day I wrote a blurb justifying the use of Optima!
  7. Brad J. Murray

Alternatives to DriveThruRPG

Itch is great for digital delivery. Better storefront and they take a much smaller cut. And there are integrated forums. Also, the tipping culture there is miles beyond DTRPG customers.
  8. Brad J. Murray

What’s Your Ideal Sci-Fi RPG

Patrons get first crack at finished rules but I’ll shout about open playtesting on Twitter, the blog, and everywhere else that will have me. Author playstorming takes place on the VSCA discord and conversation there is welcome! The blog (link below) has all the links.
  9. Brad J. Murray

Pretty sure I love you.
  10. Brad J. Murray

Sometime this year we might be able to offer a playtest package for a second edition!
  11. Brad J. Murray

If I was to interpret "ideal" as "gets to the heart of what science fiction is for and about" I'd have to say Shock: Social Science Fiction nails it.
  12. Brad J. Murray

I usually wind up making a new one whenever my specific interests change. I couldn't possibly point to an ideal -- sf is such an incredibly broad category. It's like saying "fantasy" without implying just Tolkein.
  13. Brad J. Murray

Any dn-dn Systems?

Yes, it's a novel (folded, really) distribution that's fun to play with and also has the visual appeal of 6 unique kinds of zero (since they are all doubles of a particular number) which we use to provide oracular cues. So for example, a zero Technology is by definition "no space travel", but...
Top Bottom