• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by chiasaur11

1. C

New Ban: Do Not Post In Support of Trump or his Administration

...Dammit. This is the last thing I wanted to play the martyr for, you know? The absolute last fucking thing. I don't like Trump. I think he's a shitty human being, and I sure as hell didn't vote for him. But saying that about half the country's political voice is illegitimate... I'm not...
  2. C

[Spoilers][General Anime Fall 2018] General Anime goes fishing for bananas, in space!

They bumped her, were youtubers, and worst of all got the name of an Ultraman villain wrong.
  3. C

[Spoilers][General Anime Fall 2018] General Anime goes fishing for bananas, in space!

Anti's the guy who just does whatever his job is listed as, but who refuses to take on any other responsibilities. He was hired to kill Gridman, he's going to try to kill Gridman, and no, he's not going to help with the TPS reports, since that's not killing Gridman.
  4. C

[WIW] Megalobox! Where the hero’s rising up, back on the street.

Fun bit of minor trivia. The VA for Joe in Megalobox also voiced the leader of Tekkadan in Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans. (Won a Seiyu award for that one). Another frequently angry show about dirt poor youth from the bottom fighting their way to the top.
  5. C

[General Anime] Non-Current Anime Discussion Thread

Nah. Tomino's just a guy with ups and downs. Look at the first half of Gundam ZZ for more evidence. It's just Killer Tomino is a more well known part of his reputation than goofball Tomino. (Speaking of Tomino, though, the manga about the making of the original series, Gundam Sousei, is...
  6. C

Zeta and Char's Counterattack would be at least somewhat controversial. Victory and 0083, not so much. It's generally agreed the only reason to watch 0083 is the fights and the theme song these days. Haven't gotten around to Zeta yet, but I'd say that, while Char's Counterattack is a very...
  7. C

From what I've seen one of the biggest gaps between Arise and most GitS, which might explain the difficulty, is that the Major's usual defining trait is competence. It's why Togusa gets so many episodes in SAC, I think. He can have plots based on being backed in a corner, missing a clue, or just...
  8. C

Tomino interviews make me doubt the Tomino intentions part somewhat, if only because he viewed Newtypes as incredibly important for the whole message of Gundam, and the military war machine thing as more of a side show. (Even if Newtypes came in late.) One thing I found interesting about...
  9. C

Maybe the Origin movies? They're prequels to the original series, adapting the flashbacks in the manga. Six movies, theatrically released in Japan, again not ideal without context although you "only" want the original series for those, not a bunch of shows, movies, and OVAs.
  10. C

Well, it's based off the old school Gundam, by the original character designer, but the Origin manga is relatively recent. Only finished in 2011, and it started in 2001. Old school creator, telling an old school story, but with decades of experience to help him out. (You reading the online...
  11. C

Well, a recurring suggestion I've seen is that Fumina should have been the lead, so there's that. A lot of the complaints revolve around Sekai not being an interesting main character, while Fumina's arc was interesting, to the extent it was in focus. Moving to more acclaimed mech anime, I...
  12. C

Depends on the direction they're facing.
  13. C

Well, even the original Build Fighters was down at 17. Not bad, but the people being polled were clearly more interested in the war and space politics side of Gundam. As for the general status, Try tends to be the ugly little sibling for Build Fighters whenever I've seen it discussed...
  14. C

It also didn't sell as much gunpla as they wanted, and in the recent big Gundam poll (over a million and a half voters), put SEED in third, only beaten by the original and Zeta, while SEED Destiny was down at fourteen, below Turn A. To be clear, that's not calling SEED Destiny a failure...
  15. C

It's part of why I recommended the Origin. It's an amazing manga in general, to be clear. And it was done by one guy, with no roughs. He just grabbed his pen and started drawing. Yas is a legend for a reason.
Top Bottom