Recent content by corwyn_kop

1. C

The GURPS Path Not Taken.....

I played a great deal of GURPS through the third edition. Despite a fair amount of experience with the system, I hit the option wall with Fourth edition and I cannot put my finger on exactly why that is. I can only think that perhaps the third edition core book left much of the more...
  2. C

Anyone played Outward?

Thanks for the information. The "vibe" I got was something along the lines of Elder Scrolls and Mount & Blade had a child together...
  3. C

Anyone played Outward?

I saw that Outward was released last week. It looks to be an open world survival fantasy rpg. It appears to have a co-op option. I was wondering if anyone has played around with it at all. It seems interesting but I would love to hear some actual experiences with the game. Thanks! Corwyn
  4. C

What RPG has the most historically accurate rules for ships...

Privateers and Gentlemen still shows as available in print from FGU. That is a single book edition as opposed to the original boxed set.
  5. C

What RPG has the most historically accurate rules for ships...

Pavillon Noir was supposed to be getting an English translation a few years ago. Last I heard it was put off until a new edition came out. I have not heard anything about it in quite some time so it may well be vapor-ware at this point.
  6. C

Modiphius Fallout RPG Coming in 2020

Just out of curiosity, what are the Fallout "clones" you found on Lulu? I always like having something new to read.
  7. C

Cyberpunk 2020 2019 reprint

I was wondering if anyone knew what (if any) differences there are between the original 2020 rulebook and the new reprint that is available. I have read that some of the art is different but have not seen anything about any changes or errata for instance. Is it worth it to pick up a copy of...
  8. C

Red Dead Redemption 2 discussion/playthrough - one more big score

Are you sure you are not using panther skins for cougar skins or vice versa? They are different.
  9. C

I am not 100% sure about this but my impression is that if the corpses say "stranger" you are in danger of being reported by onlookers. If the corpses are "member of gang x" it does not seem to trigger reporting. Possibly it is a likelihood thing rather than an absolute but I have had good...
  10. C

I found that you can get no honor loss-no bounty train robberies by buying a train ticket to Rhodes. Upon arrival, move towards the back of the train. Should be one or two passenger cars then either a cargo car or the caboose. I always crouch at this point to avoid attracting attention from...
  11. C

I did the same, really pushing the challenges as early as possible. I find that all the "killed alot of people, robbed alot of people" conversations make more sense if you are doing the challenges early as they involve a great deal of crime and animal killing. It also made me feel a bit guilty...
  12. C

I feel silly for only noticing this most of the way through a second game but, if you are holding your fishing rod, eagle eye highlights fish in the water. This is very helpful for finishing the survivalist challenge. Hope that helps someone else that never would have noticed.
  13. C

Alternatively, you could look for a chicken coop...it doesn't say 3 kills of humans... I am currently trying to complete horsemanship 9 in Chapter 4. I keep getting shot to pieces in West Elizabeth by bounty hunters. I may have to try a different route. I do not know if they always spawn in...
  14. C

Mixing D&D and Westerns?

D20 to Yuma is a D&D meets the Old West rpg. It is a d20 based system that uses levels but not classes. Thematically it is a crunchier version of Owlhoot Trail (which I love).
  15. C

(Sell me on) Simple, good cowboy game

Coyote Trail gets much love around here and sounds like it would fit your needs. Simple system, straight western genre.
Top Bottom