• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Cowmandan

1. C

Exalteb second, Help making combat less hatefull?

You could work it differently and rejigger it a bit, where you’re retaining ticks and speed while maintaining a separate momentum pool, and keeping the social system and other subsystems mostly the same.
  2. C

Exalteb second, Help making combat less hatefull?

I’d honestly suggest slotting 3E’s combat system in, somehow. It might not be that difficult, considering both systems use the same attribute and ability scaling. Use 3E's stat-lines for weapons, use withering/decisive to address lethality, and from there nerf perfect attacks and defenses.
  3. C

[Exalted] Sell/Unsell on Exalted 3e

And heavily nerfed stats for Deathlords please.
  4. C

It was always strange to me that we had a fully statted Ebon Dragon who was... fairly unimpressive in terms of power, all things considered, while the stats for 3rd Circle Demons like Erembour, who are an order of magnitude weaker than the Yozis, still amounted to "AVERT YOUR EYES MORTAL, THESE...
  5. C

I think it isn't too bad, as long as you run the players as mortals first. Don't worry about Charms. Just get familiar with the base combat and social system. Then have them Exalt over play and include all the other widgets and minutia.
  6. C

In practice, while the problem isn't as bad in Godbound due to having less resources available compared to 2E, it still remains a problem. Oftentimes, lacking the appropriate countermove is even worse than getting locked in an endless cycle of attacks and nullification. If you simply lack the...
  7. C

My issue with Godbound is that it repeats an issue Exalted 2E had, where there is hyperlethal combat that relies heavily on automatic hit/automatic block effects. Combat is reduced strictly to grinding down a resource pool before anything can actually be accomplished. There's just this problem...
  8. C

3E honestly does a pretty good job at it!
  9. C

I mean for all the claims that the Lunars seemed to be lacking in accomplishments because they haven't overthrown the Realm, the Realm did have access to the Sword of Creation. Anything other than a policy of attrition and insurgency wasn't tenable while the Realm had the Empress and the Grid...
  10. C

OPP seems to really struggle with being slow in general. Dragonblooded was one of the few times they were able to deliver early, but stuff like Wraith took forever to come out. Not to mention how long Deviant seems to be taking to develop.
  11. C

What happened when you ran it?
  12. C

I also recommend checking what I linked because between those and his Heaven’s Reach Guide for Exalted 3E Sandact6 has become my favorite Exalted homebrew person.
  13. C

Yeah this is largely why I think that the upcoming ST Guide is largely more important than any other splat or supplement.
  14. C

No problem :) The ST guide is going to be called Crucible of Legends or something IIRC No I think that’s a fair assumption and for all that I like the game the old devs were really approaching this project as fans, more than anything else. Until the ST guide comes out though, a few fans have...
  15. C

FWIW they are delivering an ST guide that provides just that, along with optional and alternate rules. As little as it might be worth, in my experience running 3E is basically “run it how you’d run 2E” albeit with less worry about inadvertently killing off players prematurely and with less need...
Top Bottom