• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by DavetheLost

1. DavetheLost

A "new look" for The One Ring a.k.a. The Lord of the Rings™ RPG

Too much D&D/Peter Jackson/Generic Fantasy for my taste. On a different product line I would like it, but it doesn't fit the feel I want from Tolkien and the One Ring. I also tend to prefer The Hobbit to The Lord of the Rings. The letter novel fails to maintain a consistent tone throughout for...
  2. DavetheLost

IC Metamorphosis Alpha

You are not forgotten. I am just in final rehearsals for a theatrical production and a little brain fried. The story will be advancing soon. Thank you for your patience and hanging in there. cheers, Dave
  3. DavetheLost

OOC Metamorphosis Alpha

Sorry for the delay in the next posts. I am in the final rehearsals for a theatre show and am just brain fried. Things will pick up. Thanks for hanging in there.
  4. DavetheLost

What Games Should Ditch Their House Systems

My mistake. It's only been a couple of decades. ;)
  5. DavetheLost

What Games Should Ditch Their House Systems

Race as Class began with Holmes (basic) D&D, not 0D&D as many people think, and continued through the B/X ad BECMI families of D&D. The various character kits added with 2nd edition AD&D did a lot to add variety to members of the same class, before that they were pretty cookie cutter. The...
  6. DavetheLost

Which RPG title had the most number of published material

D&D adds Judges Guild and other 3PP from the 80s, articles in White Dwarf, Alarums & Excursions, and a number of other now vanished gaming magazines, as well as various amateur zines. Plus it has seem 11 editions so far, not counting Pathfinder and other clones. I doubt anything else can come...
  7. DavetheLost

(Which system) Stumped about what to suggest?

For fantasy I would suggest OpenQuest. BRP rules, but a lighter version, three magic systems, skills, supports any fantasy setting you like, complete in one rulebook. the Openquest Basics pdf, free on DriveThru, provides almost all of the game rules to take a look. It only has on elf the three...
  8. DavetheLost

Did you know that THIS game is based on the rules/SRD of THAT game?

I'm not quite sure that is the case. GW came about as there was a desire for a planet based MA. At the time MA did alright for itself. It became obscure when it was completely eclipsed in popularity by GW. Remember that from 1976 to 1981 RPGs in general were pretty well little known.
  9. DavetheLost

Games which use cards as a resolution mechanism

Here are three threads about cards, two focusing on tarot. I have not read them all, so I can' say how useful they will be. Tarot Cards as a Play Aid Games with resolution by cards Using tarot cards with RPGs advice sought Found using the "Search thread titles" function.
  10. DavetheLost

Games which use cards as a resolution mechanism

Monkey: The Journey to the West from d101 games uses playing cards. pretty sure this has a free quikstart on Drivethru. Dragonscales and 77 Lost Worlds both use a James M Ward designed card system that played with both card value and suit. The ward card mechanics may be available free from...
  11. DavetheLost

I knew I skipped a step in there. Missed Woodland Warriors. A game that has not blipped on my radar at all.
  12. DavetheLost

Wasteland, which begat Fallot was based on Tunnels & Trolls and Mercenaries, Spies, and Private Eyes.
  13. DavetheLost

Looking for good TTRPG to play with kids

Beyond the Wall is quite good for kids. Especially kids who have not absorbed the D&D "kill it and take it's treasure" paradigm yet. I play it with my daughters and other kids and I found that the game's style encouraged thinking, talking to encountered creatures, etc as problem solving methods...
  14. DavetheLost

Spears of the Dawn is Sin Nomine's OSR game of fantasy Africa. It is well worth a look. Based on actual Africa, not Hollywierd Tarzan movie Africa. Spears of the Dawn, nt Swords of the Dawn.
  15. DavetheLost

Not Here to Play Games: Struggling with Enjoying the "Game" Part of TTRPGs

From your list above it looks like Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok may be worth your while to check out. It is Viking end of the world RPG, driven by Runes instead of dice. Characters do not have the traditional attributes and hit points. Instead they have abilities bound to a set of runes. These...
Top Bottom