• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by David Laurence

1. David Laurence

[Warhammer AoS] Warcry: Sixteen Warbands want glory, one wants bottles

Yeah, it's only been the past... I want to say three or four years? That GW has really been proactively making inroads into the (huge, popular, incredibly-talented) plastic modeling community here, starting with putting Citadel paints into as many hobby shops as possible and the launch of the...
  2. David Laurence

[Netflix] The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Spoiler)

The big climactic battle sort of ran up hard against the practical limits of puppetry, namely not being able to have more than 20-odd beings on camera at once. Very ambitious, and it really turned out... OK, but the show is never going to have a Helm's Deep moment, I think.
  3. David Laurence

Glad you had a good time! It's an astonishingly small shop, isn't it? I'm interested in the M&M book, although my first impression is that it's maybe similar to Kill Team Commanders, which doesn't see a lot of play (especially compared to Elites or Arena). KT and WC are different beasts to be...
  4. David Laurence

One of the gelfling puppeteers in the making of feature (I think Brea’s, actually) specifically mentioned that they tried not to do the “muppet walk” and, when possible, would for example have someone hold the gelfling’s shoulders when turning its head so it could turn its head like a person...
  5. David Laurence

[WIBW ] The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

I think it's also important to remember, when thinking about real-world things like repopulation and inbreeding and limited DNA pools, that Thra is explicitly Extremely Mystical - (thankfully, really) we don’t know either way, but if you told me that Gelflings don't reproduce with DNA and sperm...
  6. David Laurence

I thought it was interesting that in the making-of feature they showed a bit of a demo the CG company did of adding expressive animation to the gelflings' performances in the movie, and had a few people talking about how cool that was and that they'd decided to go with it - and then clearly...
  7. David Laurence

I had my own first couple of games today, bringing my goblins because that's what I have painted up (basically Zarbag's Gitz minus the fanatic, plus a handful of speargoblins) and had good fun - I had time for a one-on-one game of kill the leader versus the Untamed Beasts, and a three-way...
  8. David Laurence

I picked up a whole mess of stuff while I was in the UK on business last week (the nearly 100% exchange rate markup is killer), mostly limited by space in my luggage coming home. Then today I went to the FLGS where the owner had set aside an English version of the core set for me, so... it's...
  9. David Laurence

That's a snazzy roster app. Are you meant to use the "Battle Mode" to track wounds and such in play? Oddly, I'm finding myself *much* more excited to buy and paint up a box of Brutes than almost any of the actual WarCry factions (although I do have the Cypher Lords and will probably pick up the...
  10. David Laurence

[Shadespire] Casual/Newbie friendly discussion thread

I played the "kill the gargant" team game from White Dwarf a couple times up at the shop over the past month or so. It's (surprisingly, frankly) a pretty fun scenario, and a nice little change of pace from the standard game. Definitely worth chasing up the rules if you haven't tried - although...
  11. David Laurence

I played the "kill the Chaos gargant" scenario from White Dwarf at the shop last week, and it was (almost surprisingly) good fun, especially with 4 players.
  12. David Laurence

Kill Six Billion Demons 2: a few demons more.

While this newest page is perfect in every way, Abbadon's tweet introducing it is... *chef kiss*
  13. David Laurence

Right, the Orruks inspire when they take damage. Magore's Fiends inspire when they hit someone. Steelheart's Champions inspire when they successfully defend. Garrek's Reavers inspire when any three models from any warband are dead. The Sepulchral Guard inspire when they're returned from the...
  14. David Laurence

Personally, I'd say if you're wavering between Orruks and Magore's band, go with Khorne - the Orruks are a little tricky to use as the gap between the "incredibly beastly" boss and the "pretty weedy all considered" scrubs is large, while all 3 of the humans in the Khorne group are basically on...
  15. David Laurence

To expand on previous answers, all we really know is that there are a few cards (like, ten or so) in Nightvault that are the same as Shadespire (the generic hold objective cards and one or two very useful ploys), some that are new cards that duplicate effects on Shadespire cards, and some...
Top Bottom