• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Daz Florp Lebam

1. Daz Florp Lebam

[5E] ISTFD20SKnowledge, oh prince, Of making the *rules* feel Sword & Sorcery-y

This! In a broad sense, paladins are just fighters who are super-devoted to or -focused on a cause, a goal, a person, a deity (real or imagined) - all sorts of things.
  2. Daz Florp Lebam

[Star Wars] Beyond the Rise of Skywalker! Post-ROS rumors and talk...

Two bits of news about future Star Wars movies and tv shows have prompted me to start this here general-purpose cantina for news, rumors, and discussion of the post-Rise of Skywalker SW universe. First: a Ewan MacGregor-led Obi-wan series might be happening on Disney+. Also: some tidbit...
  3. Daz Florp Lebam

My concern there is that I want to avoid prohibiting things that my players like. No elves or dwarves could be a big turn-off, dwarves especially. I think PT puts elves in the role of "remnants of Atlantis". This is a quintessential problem with my goal: how far is too far, or what things do I...
  4. Daz Florp Lebam

Four-stat D&D

See, now I want to see a spellcaster-centric fantasy rpg whose abilities are INT, WIS, CHA, and oh yeah BOD or PHYS or whatever. ;)
  5. Daz Florp Lebam

It so weird that I hadn't thought about the skill variant options in the DMG, because I was thinking about those a lot a couple months ago. Dumping Skills entirely has some real appeal, especially with Narratives, which are beefed-up backgrounds. I'm glad you brought up races, because I was...
  6. Daz Florp Lebam

My group's been playing 5E mostly weekly for 2.5+ years. Eventually there will come a point when the other 2 DMs in the group will not be interested in running, and my turn to DM will come around again. I'm getting a hankering for some Conan-esque gaming, but I want to stick with 5E, because I...
  7. Daz Florp Lebam

Rock Concerts You've Been At!

I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn perform the night before he died - his second-to-last performance, I guess. Maybe his last, I'm not sure. Eric Clapton was the leading act at Alpine Valley Music Theatre - that's an outdoor stadium west/southwest of Milwaukee , Wisconsin, USA). With him that night was...
  8. Daz Florp Lebam

[TV/Movie] [Star Trek] CBS + Viacom = ViacomCBS! Split-personality transporter accident reversed!

That's a good point. Some screwballs at the top might decide everything has to be like [insert whatever ST thing is clearing the most profit], and shy away from the diversity of what CBS has in production and in the development stages. Hurmph
  9. Daz Florp Lebam

[TV/Movie] [Star Trek] CBS + Viacom = ViacomCBS! Split-personality transporter accident reversed!

So, yeah - it happened. For reals. This is exciting/intriguing news for Star Trek fans in particular, because this deal means one muti-headed beast controls ST movies and TV, which has not been the case for [insert more knowledgable person's information] years. So, there could be some powerful...
  10. Daz Florp Lebam

🎨 Creative [Comic book drafts] DC-78 Alternate Earth: New Nu You Universe

My apologies, but due to odd schedules the past couple/few weeks, and having teen-aged children, I haven't had the head-space for this. I think I had a cool idea, but not enough of it made it into written form, and now it's all been pushed out by other things. Jack Kirby's Planet of the Apes by...
  11. Daz Florp Lebam

Four-stat D&D

I love this, almost entirely because it approaches DC Heroes' divinely beautiful 9-grid statblock, where each column and row represented different domains (physical, mental, mystical) and applications (acting/opposing, effect, resistance), and from each row and column you derived something else...
  12. Daz Florp Lebam

Amazon in Talks for Lord of the Rings TV Series

That 20-episode things is very interesting. That's basically a network tv season. Why would they go for that? It's a bigger commitment, but maybe it does have to do with filming locations. Maybe they have a single big arc in mind and that's how many episodes they need to tell it, or the first...
  13. Daz Florp Lebam

Lore/Fluff--How much is too much or not enough?

Fluff that comes in tiny bits and is sprinkled amongst the rules works really nicely for me, like the little commentaries and quotes in Xanathar's. You can skip it if you want, but stopping to read it won't mess with the flow and the bits were actually entertaining. Fluff sidebars that are...
  14. Daz Florp Lebam

New Marvel RPG? [Speculation]

I guess a general good approach would be a system that's not outside the conventions of existing, popular RPGs. Have a starter set with existing Marvel characters (expanded MCU versions) only, for your Targets and Walmarts and whatnot. This gets your newbies in, your casual gamers, etc. Also...
  15. Daz Florp Lebam

Lore/Fluff--How much is too much or not enough?

Got it. So, thinking further, it will depend on a few things, proceeding from the assumption that I'm interested enough to pick the book up. 1. is the genre/subgenre already familiar to me? 2. is the art evocative of the setting and/or subgenre? 3. are the rules evocative of the setting and/or...
Top Bottom