• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Deadstop

1. D

[MCU] Spider-man: Far from home (I has seen it) (Spoilers)

To what is that referring?
  2. D

Belated Realisations part 2: I Can't Believe It Took Me A Second Thread!

Crown Prince. The prince that is in line to be king.
  3. D

Biggest Supposed Discontinuities in Sci-Fi Franchises (no defenses!)

Midi-chlorians are clearly based on mitochondria, which really were (according to one leading theory, anyway) distinct prokaryotic organisms that entered into a symbiotic relationship with other precursors of cell organelles that led to the first eukaryotic life. So not parasites, but...
  4. D

💀 Necro [Far West] Skarka Abandons Previous System for WEG D6

Maybe I’m one of the poor deluded backers that the post after yours refers to, but I’m not even sure he was consciously lying most of those times. At least before he changed the system, he supposedly had just the GMing chapter to finish, so when he was saying that he had to have it done by his...
  5. D

[LTTP] Steven Universe

And we saw Rose with multiple living lions in one of the flashbacks in “Buddy’s Book.” One of them was probably our Lion, pre-mortem.
  6. D

As well as the quasi-religious language when crossing Captain Marvel off the list of people who could be called. “Don’t invoke her name” is not the phrasing you get from the guy who helped come up with that name by mispronouncing “Mar-Vell” and making a reference to an old musical group, all...
  7. D

[Netflix] Stranger Things 3 Episodes 1-2-3 (Spoiler Thread)

Of course, the “I totally have a hot SO who lives far away so it’s impossible to confirm” bit is also a thing at that age (or, at least, a common fictional trope applied to characters of that age), so the group’s skepticism is not completely unwarranted. That Dustin has just been to science camp...
  8. D

[LTTP] Steven Universe

I believe Connie’s family was originally going to be a single-parent one; she mentions only her dad in “Bubble Buddies.” Then the Crewniverse decided they had too many of those and gave Connie a mom, too. By the time Priyanka was established as a doctor, that one line about moving because of...
  9. D

Meet the new 007...

“James Bond” is a specific man with a specific past and parents, as established in both the pre-Craig and Craig continuities. But “007” is a designation that can be (and apparently has been, since Craig-Bond’s retirement) passed on.
  10. D

[LTTP] Steven Universe

Is Onion nonverbal, or does he only speak in a foreign language? His dad sounds the same way, and even his stepbrother Sour Cream launched into it under stress once. There are all kinds of fan theories about Yellowtail being a Deep One or something (making Onion a hybrid), but at the very least...
  11. D

[Netflix] Stranger Things 3 Episodes 7-8 and General Spoiler Thread for Full Series

I don’t know whether it precisely worked for me, but I spent my first viewing of that scene staring at the screen in utter disbelief that such a thing was actually happening — much like the rest of the gang when they heard the singing over the walkie-talkies. So I guess to that extent it worked...
  12. D

Meet the new 007...

Ye Yeah, he retired at the end of the last one. Makes perfect sense they’d reassign the number, and it’s a neat way to have a black/female/both 007 without actually making extensive changes to the James Bond character. It’s strongly implied this is Craig’s last outing, so whether they’ll...
  13. D

Nope, Brad was a younger kid before. They show a picture in the little school news segment and everything. It is strange that the blipped teens remember him from before, but maybe he was someone’s annoying little brother. (He’s not the same kid as Betty’s co-host’s younger brother, who is now...
  14. D

Right, Brad was 10-11 when the Snap happened. Five years later, he’s aged normally into his sophomore year, only to have Peter, Betty, MJ, Flash, Ned, and others return and end up in the same class (again) despite being born five years earlier. They’re the ones whose IDs say they’re 21 by date...
  15. D

[LTTP] Steven Universe

Well, they’re all called “Amethyst” (just as all Rubies are “Ruby,” all Peridots are “Peridot,” etc.) The number designation is the actual individualizing element. I wonder if Rubies even get that? The squad we’ve seen all seem happy to be called “Ruby,” and the one Steven calls “Eyeball”...
Top Bottom