Recent content by DJChallix

advertise with rpgnet
  1. DJChallix

[WIR] Gamma World, first edition (1978)

Yes, it does indeed, doesn't it? I've never had the opportunity to play TRAVELLER, but I owned the original black box set and the hardcover TRAVELLER BOOK back in the day. Much love for that game, and the retro-tech feel was/is definitely part of it for me.
  2. DJChallix

ARGH! I'm turning in my Gen-X I.D. card over this one. :oops::oops::oops: Well corrected, sir. (y)
  3. DJChallix

PART 48: PLAY OF THE GAME (Standard Devices, Units, and Materials) I know, I know. You’re sick of seeing “Play of the Game” as the heading of these posts. Be patient. We are but seven pages away from the final chapter of the game (which, amazingly, is not titled "Play of the Game"). Of course...
  4. DJChallix

PART 47: PLAY OF THE GAME (Medical Supplies and Equipment) Carrying on . . . Suggestion Change A hypnotic drug that “knocks the user unconscious for a few seconds.” Upon awakening, the user will fixate on the first person he or she sees and “follow unquestioningly any suggestions made by that...
  5. DJChallix

PART 46: PLAY OF THE GAME (Miscellaneous Energy Devices / Medical Supplies and Equipment) I’ve got my feet up on the couch, got the ThinkPad running hot, and I’ve got RUSH playing on the headphones. The dog is sleeping peacefully by my side, and all is right with the world. Let’s carry on...
  6. DJChallix

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing that the scarcity of detailed rules was a deliberate feature. It clearly was the result of shoddy editing and low production values (which slowly began to improve as we neared 1980). I'm just saying I like it in a strange way. (y)
  7. DJChallix

Thanks, gents. I'm doing okay--just some stressful transition stuff. But in my neck of the woods spring has come with a vengeance; almost like summer. The sunshine definitely helps. Just for the hell of it, I tracked down my old copy of GAMMA WORLD that has my house rules for the medi-kit: 1...
  8. DJChallix

PART 45: PLAY OF THE GAME (Miscellaneous Energy Devices) I apologize for the delay; things have been really hard for me lately. A very short entry for today, because real life sucks. Thank goodness we have role-playing games. Sigh. The next entry in this section of the rules is the medi-kit...
  9. DJChallix

[WFRP 1e] The Middenheim Six

Episode 16: War Our Skaven-fighting PCs: Barthas Klump (Human male student) Shal Shem Shirestockings (Halfling male footpad) Elya the Orphan (Human female entertainer-fire eater) Grundog Hammerstine (Dwarf male builder’s apprentice) Sonja Bargerian (Human female outrider) Grundy Smithson...
  10. DJChallix

Thanks for following along! Stay tuned for sessions tomorrow and Sunday! :devilish: And yes, the rolls were awesome. The best one was Shal's hide success in the weapons room. Scary stuff. :eek:
  11. DJChallix

Episode 15: The Real Enemy Our hack-n-slash PCs: Barthas Klump (Human male student) Shal Shem Shirestockings (Halfling male footpad) Elya the Orphan (Human female entertainer-fire eater) Grundog Hammerstine (Dwarf male builder’s apprentice) Sonja Bargerian (Human female outrider) Grundy...
  12. DJChallix

PART 44: PLAY OF THE GAME (Miscellaneous Energy Devices) Yes my dear friends, we are still in “Play of the Game,” the section of the GAMMA WORLD rulebook which never ends, and lies before us like an endless radioactive wasteland. But still we carry on. So strap on your plastic armor and grab...
  13. DJChallix

PART 43: PLAY OF THE GAME (Vehicles) Before we look at vehicles, I wanted to give you folks another reminder of the haunting beauty of the layout of 1e. We are currently plowing through several pages of pure minimalism: line after line of small print, spartan, purely functional text. The book...
  14. DJChallix

Agreed! The pictures are excellent. As to the mechanics, you may well be right; it's been years since I've even looked at my copy of GAMMA KNIGHTS. In terms of its branding (logo, etc.) and time of release, it was part of the 4e line-up. But as you say, it may have been mechanics-agnostic. At...
  15. DJChallix

Nicely done! Very intriguing stuff. By the way, in terms of missing stats, we don't know what damage and radius the armor does when it explodes upon the user's death, though with those 3 atomic power cells being in the mix, it could be pretty horrendous. I shudder to think of what would happen...
Top Bottom