• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Dropkicker

1. D

The best aliens in RPGs

Traveller Droyne Vargr Virushi Thousand Suns Hen Jaa
  2. D

What was the 'failed promise' of early Traveller?

Thanks for the citation.
  3. D

[Marvel Heroic Roleplaying] A Few Tweaks?

Actually the rules, and later numerous times Cam, have stated it's "come up with the action and then build your dice pool". Human nature being what it is, lotsa folks tend to do the reverse to optimize success.
  4. D

What was the 'failed promise' of early Traveller?

What rule was that?
  5. D

Which RPG title had the most number of published material

That's gotta include a lot of third party publications. (Maybe I'm wrong . . . )
  6. D

[Netflix] Stranger Things 3 Episodes 7-8 and General Spoiler Thread for Full Series

To me it felt longer than that and when there's a lot of dramatic tension in the air it, again to me, seemed like a significant detour. I totally get that the Duffers committed totally to that scene but it didn't work for me. It may be because that movie does not resonate with me as I never saw it.
  7. D

Critical? No. However, all it takes is one die coming up as a 1 and you're into d4 Effect Die territory.
  8. D

I don't claim to be an expert but both your ideas seem sound to me. I've had issues with #2 myself when it comes to folks like the Fantastic Four.
  9. D

[LTTP] No Man's Sky - what do I need to know?

Shouldn't we be closing in on another update?
  10. D

Disney all-in on Star Wars a mistake?

I think Disney proved it could do great things with Rogue One in terms of exploring the universe and creating engaging characters. Yes it tied into the original trilogy but if the Mouse was to put the same effort into an original Rebellion* storyline it would get my money fast. *No Jedi please...
  11. D

[Official] Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread Part II

Yeah it occured to me that she should have been using those mental powers to at least stall Thanos, a la Mantis in IW.
  12. D

[Netflix] Stranger Things 3 Episodes 1-2-3 (Spoiler Thread)

It may be my failing memory but it seems like the color palette for many of the outfits has been dialed up to 11, even by '80s standards. I looked at Dustin's radio antenna and thought "The reason you're not getting Suzie is your antenna design is pants". ;) I kinda feel like this season is...
  13. D

[Official] Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread Part II

Having rewatched the movie recently I realized that after Captain Marvel, Wanda may be the most powerful hero out there*. It certainly looked like she was going to take down Thanos before he went with the nuclear option. *Yes, I realize that there is plenty of room for debate here.
Top Bottom