Recent content by durecellrabbit

1. durecellrabbit

New Edition of Bushido

It's a small scale skirmish game with fairly simple basic mechanics and looking at the beta rules for the new edition they've cleared up some of the confusing bits. The main form of conflict resolution is via opposing dice rolls, melee combat requires players to secretly divide their dice poll...
  2. durecellrabbit

New Edition of Bushido

You can get the playtest version of the new cards here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lmppfo67key3xpa/AAD5UuvqiG3JudFfBu3D1Vota?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR2JdJavwKchA1TY5hwuzWRJInpbSsgh1_ehU10hTwKZ0_C8WoN1-ic616E Otherwise AFAIK you need to go through the webstore. You could try other skirmish games like...
  3. durecellrabbit

New Edition of Bushido

I've not really been following it as my main opponent left the club but I recently got to convince some of my historical gamer friends to try it. They enjoyed it and were open to playing again, provided I supply everything, as is custom for historical gamers. I'm currently painted up some Savage...
  4. durecellrabbit

Let's talk brushes

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I use cats-tongues to get some of my basecoat colours done faster and for drybrushing. I also have some other different flat shapes for drybrushing.
  5. durecellrabbit

Let's talk brushes

So I have a brush question, what do you do with a hair that sticks out of the brush's point? Leaving mean dealing with paint out of sync with the rest of a brush stroke. I've tried cutting the bit that stick out off with a hobby knife but that has tended to break the brush's point. I really...
  6. durecellrabbit

Of minis and scale. Some questions.

My club used to do TY in 10mm and it looked better in the smaller scale.
  7. durecellrabbit

Hellboy Kickstarter (+)

I played the game twice with a friend's copy. Intro mission went easily, another mission was a disaster where I almost died early on against a frog that hurts you went you roll a skull, which I did 3 times in a row. Then we couldn't handle the boss who stunned us and put 3 monsters in our...
  8. durecellrabbit

Historical Games Thread

Not just any figures, lots of dashing cavalry! You can't tempt me, I'm sticking with 15mm. The period does have lots of lovely looking armies, especially if you ignore the westerners and their scruffy German mercenaries.
  9. durecellrabbit

Spirit Island is really good

I beat Sweden lvl 4! Took me 4 tries, now I'll need to try again to see if I got lucky. I find Shadow tough as well, but the TTS mod has some cards that replace either his special ability or innate power. They're apparently from the playtesting of a upcoming expansion and are quite cool. My...
  10. durecellrabbit

My friend played the Nightmare spirit in one of our games. His board quickly descended into densely populated blighted hell. By the time I was ready to liberate his more built up lands he got me to make a spell fast, used it to do crazy non-lethal damage from all the blight, and got the...
  11. durecellrabbit

A friend introduced me to this game through tabletop simulator last weekend and I've been playing it almost everyday since then. It's my new favourite game and I've not been as excited about a board game since Dominion and Puerto Rico. I really like the range of options for dealing with the...
  12. durecellrabbit

Historical Games Thread

Yeah, such is the fate of liking niche periods :(.
  13. durecellrabbit

Historical Games Thread

Thanks, they are 1st century BCE but that is just my generic basing style. Modelling the rout would be interesting. It would make cavalry more important in many classical Greek battles. They are much better at the pursuit and if you didn't slaughter the fleeing enemy then how great was your...
  14. durecellrabbit

Batman Miniatures Game?

There used to be a forum but spambots conquered it years ago and it no longer exists. The bulk of the community is on Facebook AFAIK.
  15. durecellrabbit

Mini painters - how to practice brush control?

I use a less efficient version of Arethusa's wet brush method. Wait until I make a mistake, panic trying to find a wet brush, and then use too much water spreading pigment everywhere. In the end I've found that painting lots of shields has made me better at painting shields. Don't get put off...
Top Bottom