• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Ettin

1. Ettin

Kickstarter for Ettin's Hard Wired Island = Actual Cyberpunk That Hasn't Forgotten The 'Punk' Bit.

Just one! Originally we were going to print the book through DriveThruRPG, but with the print stretch goal we're going to sort out a proper print run.
  2. Ettin

Kickstarter for Ettin's Hard Wired Island = Actual Cyberpunk That Hasn't Forgotten The 'Punk' Bit.

What's a retro RPG without a few D&D references? ;) FWIW, most of the corps aren't really! Right now there are about a dozen or so corps mentioned in the book, and only Geryon Aerospace, Im-X, and Ogremoch Engineering are references. A lot of the rest just aren't in the preview, so it's...
  3. Ettin

Yeah, it's an old Hideo Kojima game inspired by 80s films. You can read a Let's Play with commentary here. It's not as much of an inspiration as the anime in the list, but it influenced my decision to set HWI on a cylinder.
  4. Ettin

Oh hey! Speaking of the distant present, the campaign has like a day left so I figured I'd post these: - A recap of everything that happened during the campaign, for latecomers - An explanation of our plans for recruiting a wide range of freelancers and consultants. (This was baked into the...
  5. Ettin

At the moment, whatever DriveThruRPG's are. We haven't locked down a printing route for the offset print stretch goal yet, but FWIW it'll be printed in the EU too. Our estimate is ~£10 UK/US, ~£12 in the EU, £16-18 elsewhere.
  6. Ettin

Hey! Just a heads-up that the preview has a sample scenario now, which I hope gives a better idea of what the game will be like. It's set in a gentrifying LGBT+ neighbourhood and comes with great locations like:
  7. Ettin

I can always change the title! I'd rather not make slagging off other cyberpunk games the central selling point; I just think that enough cyberpunk works only use the genre as an aesthetic or treat cybernetics as something profane that it's worth mentioning.
  8. Ettin

Every character is morally compromised because there is no ethical consumption under capitalism. 😈
  9. Ettin

Just to be clear Aurometal Sky isn't part of the HWI soundtrack, neonshudder's been working on that album for a while. It's good music though!
  10. Ettin

I got the idea from the Eclipse Phase Kickstarter, so it's been tried at least! It should definitely happen more often though, IMO.
  11. Ettin

CROWD-FUNDING SPOTLIGHT Vol. 3 - Role-Playing Games & Related Projects

Hey folks! I just launched a Kickstarter for Hard Wired Island, a retrofuture cyberpunk RPG inspired by 90s anime. Check it out! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ettin/hard-wired-island
  12. Ettin

💀 Necro [Far West] Skarka Abandons Previous System for WEG D6

Strap in, I'm going to Devil's Advocate this bad boy. This reasoning seems pretty solid to me, to be honest. No matter what, FAR WEST is going to be years late. The "well it was a bit late but it's no big deal" ship has sailed. The "I'm annoyed at how long it took, but at least it's out" ship...
Top Bottom