• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by farseerixirvost

1. farseerixirvost

Shadowrun vs. Cyberpunk 2020

I'm kinda surprised this Q has come up more than once in the past week or two. The two systems and tropes and themes are really apples and oranges. But I get you've narrowed it down to these 2 options, and would like some advice. So to add my $0.02 worth of help, for me, it all boils down to...
  2. farseerixirvost

Rick Loomis is unwell

This forum needs a damn LIKE button. Kudos to you @Corvo
  3. farseerixirvost

Exploding dice: yea or nay?

I like exploding dice, probably prefer where they can only explode once, though (i.e., the explode dice cannot explode). IMO it adds an edgy feeling to rolling (much like a 20 crit in d20). Played a Savage Worlds game back in the day where a player one-shotted a dragon with a dagger because they...
  4. farseerixirvost

L5R Adventure Idea

Penanggalan?
  5. farseerixirvost

How to sell players on non-D&D 5e fantasy RPGs

So are you wanting to do a specific game/system? If so, then sell it on it's own merits, like classless or leveless, or its unique take on the setting, or its crunchier/lighter ruleset, or whatever makes it different from D&D. At the same time, give a nod to its similarities to make a perceived...
  6. farseerixirvost

Infinity vs Shadowrun 6e vs Cyberpunk Red[+]

It's not entirely clear what you want out of the game. I wouldn't say you're comparing apples to oranges, but you're certainly comparing granny Smith to red delicious to Fuji - they're kinda the same but drastically not. If the goal is cyberpunk then Shadowrun doesn't really fit the bill. That...
  7. farseerixirvost

The state of FFG Star Wars?

Mask of the Pirate Queen is a fun one. Especially the 3rd act. I think Jewel of Yavin will be next.
  8. farseerixirvost

The state of FFG Star Wars?

I run an active group. I guess we haven't done enough space combat to think it sucks. Quite the contrary, we love the whole "everyone participates; cool daisy chain actions are cool." I also love the pre-made adventures. They are so well designed in terms of stressing various skills that after a...
  9. farseerixirvost

Unity RPG .....

As the type with VERY limited time, a bestiary *AND* an adventure or campaign would be ideal for me to get it off the shelf and do something with it.
  10. farseerixirvost

System for Bloodborne?

There's LexOccultum by Riot Minds. Fragged Aternum has the immortal bit, LexO does not. https://www.riotminds.se/product-category/lexoccultum/
  11. farseerixirvost

Games which use cards as a resolution mechanism

Beat me to it. The game works using a hand of cards. You choose what to play from your hand when, so it removes randomness while still maintaining potential failure (via low cards). The depletion of cards/hand represents the character running out of steam. Hand refreshes after each major...
  12. farseerixirvost

Compare and Contrast (mostly contrast) Tales from the Loop & Things from the Flood

So then they both feature kids as PCs? Or is there an age difference between the two?
  13. farseerixirvost

Compare and Contrast (mostly contrast) Tales from the Loop & Things from the Flood

Self explanatory, really, but what makes Tales from the Loop and Things from the Flood different?
  14. farseerixirvost

[Star Wars d6] awesome one-shot or old module

Thanks for the necro @SibKhatru. GREAT read for those of us who picked up the 30th Anniversary re-print!
  15. farseerixirvost

New Numenera Books

Core mechanics are barely changed. Discovery is the main book and replaces the earlier core rulebook. It has game rules and the same 3 classes. Existing 3 classes got revised to be more unique and less 1-sided. You can play the game with only Discovery; you CANNOT play the game with only the...
Top Bottom