Recent content by farseerixirvost

1. F

Hearts of Wulin, a new wuxia rpg

Not entirely sure this will be my jam, but as soon as I saw Lowell Francis' name as co-creator, I figured I could spare $30.
  2. F

[Recommend] RPG for Dark Fantasy?

LexOccultum seems to be what you're looking for. Europe, the 18th century. The church is losing its grip on men struggling with old beliefs and dogmas. Alchemists, occultists, and secret societies dig deep into old mysteries and ancient obscurities. The Enlightenment is not only about breaking...
  3. F

Player questions for a session zero (input on setting)

Basically what I was going to say. I very much enjoyed a YouTube video Session 0 of an Urban Shadows game where each player gave 1-2 locations for the city. Difference was some were that PC's hang out or they frequented it.
  4. F

Free RPG Day 2019 Any Plans to Run a Game?

I'm not inspired by this year's offerings. So I'm thinking I'll run a 5e 3rd party thing (SciFi Esper Genesis or Cyberpunk Carbon 2185) or something using the new Savage Worlds ruleset. Shadow of the Beanstalk is also high on my list. Part of it depends on having physical product (which Carbon...
  5. F

Cyberpunk RED discussion thread - latest OFFICIAL news (including release date)

Very interesting. I was not aware R. Talsorian was planning a new version of CP. Thanks for sharing!
  6. F

Best system for a semi-heroic supernatural japanese horror campaign?

Kuro is modern/near-future cyberpunk + J-horror. Sadly out of print I believe, but PDF still available at DriveThruRPG. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/238822/Kuro-english There's 2 expansions to it. And I have a QSR, but this one didn't (quickly) pop up in my DTRPG search (maybe I got...
  7. F

Single Book RPG Recommendations

Numenera 1 nailed the 1-book deal. I'd argue that Numenera Discovery still does. Destiny is a 2nd core book with additional classes and options, but not at all necessary. Discovery has setting, character generation & advancement (plus rules to make your own options), mechanics, GM advice...
  8. F

Cyberpunk for PbtA and Fate

Uprising: The Dystopian Universe is a FATE cyberpunk game, but seems to diverge a good bit from traditional FATE format and bring in many PBTA and/or Blades in the Dark concepts (playbooks, plan-do-outcome/results session format). I'm not an expert in any of these rule sets, though, so could be...
  9. F

🎨 Creative What if there was a government agency dedicated to investigating the paranormal?

Wait. There's not? God save us! I kid (obviously). 😂 I love Genesys, so go with that. That said, for inspiration, check out Titan Effect (a Savage Worlds setting). It focuses more on the black ops side, so not as much X-Files Gumshoe Detectiving per se. But does lay out a nice series of...
  10. F

Good system for science fantasy?

Fantasy AGE + Ashes of Valkana supplement.
  11. F

(Seeking Hive Mind Wisdom) Necessary RPGs for a new store?

Will you have an online store along with your brick & mortar? If so you can potentially offer more because it won't just be locals buying. Would you offer an extra discount to someone ordering something from you that you don't have in stock? If so make sure to push/advertise the special order +...
  12. F

The most beautiful RPG books you've ever seen

I want this so bad, but damn if every way I slice it it'd be $130-150 USD for the core, so I'm priced out. 😥 For me, having NOT read this whole thread (only first page) so presumably these have already been said, it would be Unity and Coriolis for sure, with Numenera a very close 2nd (2nd...
  13. F

Can Fate really do everything?

Here here. Couldn't agree more.
Top Bottom