• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by flashedarling

1. flashedarling

[Slay the Spire] Have you Slain it? How?

Minimalist achievement.... achieved. And in 21 minutes so just shy of the speed run achievement too. My Ironclad deck was Strike+/Defend+/Rampage+/Deep Breath+/Double Tap+. It was incredible! Each turn I'd double tap, rampage, deep breath, rampage. For a total of 4 rampages per turn. By round...
  2. flashedarling

Hearthstone VI: I want to stab the darkness

This brawl is pretty fun, although I found an interesting edge case. I don't know if this is a bug but Vaelastrasz managed to kill both himself and me at the same time using his hero power. For some reason rather than restart me from the beginning I got the chance to restart the Vaelastrasz...
  3. flashedarling

(Where I Read) Oathbringer

Given this line in Jasnah's chapter: I have a distinct suspicion that Gavilar did something to drive his daughter insane intentionally. He was looking for ways to bring back the radiants and could have learned that people who became radiant often had a deep trauma in their past. He could have...
  4. flashedarling

[Slay the Spire] Have you Slain it? How?

Bought this during summer Steam sale and it consumed my entire holiday weekend. I've had my eye on it for a while and I was correct that a rogue-like deck builder hits all the right notes for me. I've only just beaten it for the 3 classes and reached A2 with the Defect. For the Defect the...
  5. flashedarling

So the Wonderous Wisdomball artifact is not as useless as it sounds. It seems to have random effects, such as clear the board or cast all your spells twice. Although given that it can clear your board when it is full of minions you actually want to have, it can be a fairly double edged sword.
  6. flashedarling

Game of Thrones S8x5 “The Bells”

That article captures many of my thoughts about the episode. Dany literally can't trust anyone in her inner circle anymore. Tyrion's "it's only light treason" act of trying to save Cersei is only one of the many times everyone around her thinks they know better than her and are trying to usurp...
  7. flashedarling

I'd put good money on Dany inviting Sansa south to celebrate their victory and then Sansa going "lol... no, accepting the Iron Throne's offers to travel south has never turned out well".
  8. flashedarling

The spectacle of Dany burning the city was great. The whole episode had a good intensity to it as well, and I actually liked Arya taking to the streets and getting the perspective of the little folk. If this were another doorstopper book series I would say this is where she becomes an...
  9. flashedarling

This week's brawl is pretty fun. There are 9 unique henchman heroes to choose from each with their own hero power and deck. You also get to choose a passive benefit of the league of evil boss you are trying to impress. Unfortunately some are way stronger than others. Voodoomaster Vex is...
  10. flashedarling

Game of Thrones S8x4 "The Last of the Starks"

King's Landing is going up in flames. At this point it seems like there is no way it won't. Today's epsidoe spent most of its run-time foreshadowing the city burning. Plus, Chekhov's wildfire has got to go off.
  11. flashedarling

(Official) Game of Thrones S8x3 "The Long Night”

She was dead enough to come back as an undead when the Night King raised his second wave. SO yeah, she is dead.
  12. flashedarling

Further thoughts, They certainly saved money by filiming everything in the dark, in a snow storm, with a close up field of view.
  13. flashedarling

There were some fun moments but the battle tactics were pretty stupid. I thought the effect of having the Dothroki ride out with flaming swords which slowly go out against the dark was an effective visual effect. Too bad it made the battle tactic seem dumb. I'm a little surprised at how many...
  14. flashedarling

Today's Girl Genius: Release the Smakken!

If I remember my lore correctly didn't England have a protracted war against hyper-intelligent cetaceans which was now in a state of cease-fire?
  15. flashedarling

SteamWorld Quest for Switch

So a new SteamWorld game is coming out. This time it is a turn-based RPG reminiscent of Slay the Spire. Kotaku review makes it sound pretty good. https://kotaku.com/steamworld-quest-the-kotaku-review-1834242055 I've enjoyed pretty much all the SteamWorld games after picking them up as a...
Top Bottom