• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Geburah

1. Geburah

What are the flavourful "Dying Earth" OSR systems/class sets?

Yeah, thanks. I'd seen it but am somewhat turned off by the lack of detail of what will be in it. It feels more "tacked on" and less a full on Gonzo Science Fiction/"Dying Earth" take. Is there more information for backers on the content, specifically options for characters? Will look into it...
  2. Geburah

Thanks, Crawling under a Broken Moon looks like it might hit some spots, and I picked up the free version of Mutant Future... The more post Apoc' stuff of Other Dust and clearly Sci Fi of SWN seems less of interest, unless there's some interesting system features. Thanks! It's just that -...
  3. Geburah

The Ultraviolet Grasslands Kickstarter has me eyeing OSR systems with curiosity. I've not delved in much up to now, with only a short stint playing Mazes & Minotaurs a few years back, and some looking around in the past few days - flipping through Backswords & Bucklers, Basic Fantasy, The...
  4. Geburah

[Heroquest] Help me get it

I agree with this point and this was one of my major frustrations in regards to the online games I played, especially as HQ:G shifts the marginal success to the HIGHEST successful role, as opposed to the lowest, meaning that unless the opponent with a higher skill fails, you will almost always...
  5. Geburah

Welcome back to the discussion. It is a concern, however HQ does have a few systems in place for this: Advancing Keywords costs more (2 Heropoints per point only in HQG, though? I think previous editions had a higher cost) and if you're also using them for bumps, there will be some (slight)...
  6. Geburah

Labyrinth RPG Announced

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to find out more about the system by reviews and discussions, but they seem rare. Any idea what it's like?
  7. Geburah

Labyrinth RPG Announced

It'll be interesting to compare it to "Girl Underground" (recently Kickstarted) which seems set up to to that kind of story in the same type of short format... From the Labyrinth RPG Twitterthread, it seems like it might be a more classic RPG in terms of mechanics and state of mind, as opposed...
  8. Geburah

So what zines did you Kickstart last month?

Backed Master of the Rogue Spire - The dice system looks interesting if a bit clunky - I'm skeptical about the step-up/step-down system in play but willing to explore. And I love the art. Goblinville Gazette - Again, I'm intrigued by the dice system, and the results "matrix" on which you invest...
  9. Geburah

🎨 Creative Fragglepunk: Doozer Mecha - What would it be like?

Another take: Attack on Fraggle The Walls are falling, one after the other. The onslaught of the terryfing, always hungry Fraggles has started. They are huge, dangerous, deadly even, carelessly swallowing Doozers in their greed and destructive hunger. The usual tools of war do not function...
  10. Geburah

Massive Firepower vs. Mooks, but scary

If the xenomorphs have huge numbers, ant-like tactics ("suicidal" behaviour on the part of individuals to further the colony's good, like crossing bodies of water with "dead" ants - in fact they can survive immersion to some degree) can become viable: Marines almost always shoot at waist...
  11. Geburah

I was exaggerating for effect with that one, although that was a lot clearer in my head than in what I wrote. Again, depending on the game style, it light be fun to let it stand - with some added descriptors (forgetful genius? Mad genius?) and bounding (works for intellectual pursuits and tech...
  12. Geburah

I'm also slightly puzzled with some of the comments above - although I understand you're considering making your own "Hacks" or settings? I'll apologize already for not remembering all the terms and specificities, it's been a while since I played and read the rules. How do you incentivize...
  13. Geburah

[Pastoral fantasy, sort of] Playing as fantasy villagers in a rural slice-of-life game

Haha, great minds. I never played one these (OK, a few turns of a homebrew one, in the context of a D&D game) but it seems like an interesting way to go for farm management. Somethink like Fief & Town might also have some interesting (if not yet turned into a gaming system) info on prices...
  14. Geburah

[Pastoral fantasy, sort of] Playing as fantasy villagers in a rural slice-of-life game

This is rather interesting. I'm not sure it would fully work as a classic tabletop RPG session, but it might work well as a "crossmedia" thing: it made me think of the old Kingdom simulation play-by-mail (snailmail, not email) that I used to see advertised in Dragon in the nineties. I'd use a...
  15. Geburah

[GURPS 3rd] Discworld Small Gods Adventure Ideas?

I've always loved the Discworld setting, but (apologies to Phil) felt GURPS was a rather poor match to the setting and style. It seems like you're really into the idea but how set are you on using GURPS? Way back when I started working on an unofficial Discworld supplement for Risus, which I...
Top Bottom