• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Gentleman Highwayman

1. Gentleman Highwayman

I've lost my mojo...

It took me around two decades to realize that the people I gamed with was more important than the game I was playing. If it isn't fun why would you keep doing it. It seems so reasonable after the fact, but during you keep saying to yourself, "but at least I'm still gaming". Bad gaming destroys...
  2. Gentleman Highwayman

3D Printers and Miniatures

I always print with rafts and they are usually the first to "peel" off the bed before the print is finished. The bed doesn't look dirty, though not sure how to clean it and lots of prints fail 2/3rds or more in by dancing around the print bed. Not a tech support thread, but there is a lot to...
  3. Gentleman Highwayman

I’m surprised by the quality of the FDM prints. Not mistaking them for my Infinity minis, but good enough to hang with the Bones and Wizkids minis. The learning curve is steep though. I’m getting a lot of failed prints and not sure why. One good print followed by a bad one. Lots now staying on...
  4. Gentleman Highwayman

My plan is to play around with the tools, print some terrain and larger figs then get a resin printer in a year or so to print the then standard 40mm miniatures. ^_~
  5. Gentleman Highwayman

ARISE FROM YOUR GRAVE! So got my Ender 3 Pro today. Wasn't looking forward to building my printer. Wasn't that bad. (If you can build Lego kits or IKEA furniture, you have this in the bag.) But the setting up was very alien and not well documented. Youtube and 5 different videos and I'm...
  6. Gentleman Highwayman

Rules for hex crawls?

Forbidden Lands, ignore the fact it's not D&D, but the game is all hex crawl all the time. You can replace the character rules with 5E and still use the GM rules to run the hex crawl.
  7. Gentleman Highwayman

Four-stat D&D

I'm going with Body (Str+Con), Grace (Dex), Mind (Int) and Soul (Wis + Cha) for my 5E lite game. Also going to ditch the scores and just use the bonuses. Since it's for kids I don't have to justify anything, but for myself the split between Str and Con doesn't make much sense in D&D or the real...
  8. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun 5e in contrast to Shadowrun 20th Anniversary

In the 6E thread I said I'd be happy if it (6E) was just Anarchy with proper magic and equipment replacing Shadow Amps. But this thread made me pull my 20A book off the shelf. And as I read and flipped through it, it felt somewhat familiar. I pulled out my Anarchy book and noticed a lot of...
  9. Gentleman Highwayman

Infinity vs Shadowrun 6e vs Cyberpunk Red[+]

Of the three, I’d go with Infinity. Best rules and not limited to just cyberpunk. It really is Shirow’s Altered Carbon. Tech noir is THE literary cyberpunk game. It also has the benefit that it writes its own campaign as you play.
  10. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun 5e in contrast to Shadowrun 20th Anniversary

As an owner of 20A, I’d be interested in this also.
  11. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

Speaking as someone who is a fan of SR’s previous editions, it look exactly like edition gripes. My personal fave is the guy complain that reducing the skill list to 19 was unnecessary and there’s nothing wrong with having 40-50 skills. Add in that only the OP actually has the book and didn’t...
  12. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

And my point is that reading his review isn't damning to me. He clearly notes things he doesn't like and is otherwise pretty god at pointing out good things.
  13. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

Not only is this a very subjective thing, but it seems to be a very bright spot in a very bad review--for me. Hmm...I'm detecting some biases starting to show... </reading> And having read the full text, other than noting the author's basis, I'm not thinking this is a horrible mess. In fact...
  14. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

Why? The errata is easily integrated back into the main game. Anarchy on the other hand seems to have been Frankensteined by many writers and the editor didn't know who they should have paid attention to. A lot of that "usability" is just house rules--and not ones I'd ever use. I might back...
  15. Gentleman Highwayman

[40k Game Megathread] - Do not post in support of the Emperor of Man

This seems not just reasonable, but borderline desirable. My psyker goes up to 11.
Top Bottom