• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by giantcavecrab

1. G

[Vampire: The Masquerade] Chicago by Night 5E out to backers

Bought this today. What an awesome product. Kudos guys. I wish the core book looked like this
  2. G

[Shadowrun] Harlequin wants my players to murder stuff

Harlequin should go back to moodily playing an electric guitar in his darkened penthouse and leave those runners be!
  3. G

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Our minds are as one. A pox on 4e !!
  4. G

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

I've been a die hard SR nut since 1st ed way back in the eighties. 4th Edition (and everything since) stabbed me right in the heart, and I was hoping that 6th would rekindle the love I once felt. I have to say this thread isn't helping :p Maybe us old school chummers should just stick to our...
  5. G

SCION - Second Edition: Opinions?

I'm re-reading it now, and I guess the departure I hadn't made in my mind was that they aren't health levels anymore (though in the most basic form they are) I was wondering how a guy walks away from being hit with a car, but I just saw the rule that you can buy the injury condition multiple...
  6. G

I see, and I can see the sense in it. I'm not sure where I sit with it? How does it work in play ?
  7. G

Wondering if you guys can help - I don't assimilate things as well when i read a pdf as i do when I read a physical book. Combat - I'm just not getting how I buy damage. Do I do a single health level of damage (old terminology I know but I come from a 25 year oWoD background) buying it with a...
  8. G

[Wrath & Glory] Gone already? [No, it's just moving from Ulisses Spiel to Cubicle 7]

I was super excited about this until it released - Its a lack luster but functional game. I hope its not dead (Anything better than nothing) and Ross knows his 40k Onions, but it wouldn't shock me if it was. Maybe GW will offer the crew a Job and do it in house? Like old school GW releasing...
  9. G

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

I enjoyed cybertechnology a lot, but that’s when the formats of the books became “lists of gear” the writing as you point out remained great though. That one introduced cybermancy which to this day instils fear into my players
  10. G

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

Absolutely this. I can take or leave 1-3e system wise. I guess I’d say 3e was the most “refined” version of the system, so my favourite. But I much preferred the charette style writing from early shadowrun books / novels. Never cut a deal with a dragon is classic writing. Also I loved 1e pre...
  11. G

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

You sir are correct. Most of the early supplements were written in that fashion. The last one I’m that style I recall was fields of fire. Glory days.
  12. G

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

I agree totally. I loved the BioWare in shadow tech though. I kept it as “super secret” from the players so when they had the opportunity to get some it felt really special.
  13. G

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

One thing I loved about 1/2e was the way they presented expansions. Street samurai catalogue and shadow tech are two of the greatest expansions for any role playing game ever. The players would browse them like catalogues.
  14. G

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

armour worked a lot more like it does in recent editions. There were lots of small differences, but soak stands out to me. I’m a die hard 3rd ed rules 2nd ed story guy. I’m hoping for something of that complexity level
  15. G

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

Biggest difference was staging. In SR2 /3 all damage staged at a value of 2 in 1st ed it was variable. So an assault cannon would require 4 successes either way to take damage up or down(it started at deadly) This was pretty whiffy, I had a guy with a Tiffany self defender (staging 1to signify...
Top Bottom