Recent content by gnomewerks

1. G

Homebrewing short and long rest mechanics

I'd love any input on how you might homebrew rest for my particular situation. I run a 5e campaign with TEN players. I'd have it no other way. It's close friends, family, and those that I've ushered into the gaming space. I love my group, they are consistently present and enganged (we've had 9...
  2. G

A world without mountains - consequences?

Finally just want to say thank you all for helping fuel my creativity and giving me advise and droppin' knowledge about the initial question in my OP. @Shan Andy: Just say this article today..reminded me of our brief conversation on here. Stonehenge Solved?
  3. G

Yes, sorry. I took the lego thing too far.
  4. G

Read up on it a bit after reading your post. I love it. Going to use it, regardless of where I go with this mountain(less) world. On the real world, blacksmith level of things, the impurity means its more brittle (end result) or does it just affect (as you said), the process of working with it...
  5. G

Do you think this is plausible for only a certain part of my landmass? Perhaps if I separate a land or two, creating different continents - antartica, etc. The reason I ask is because I do (doesn't everyone?) want some frozen Ice Viking Halfling village folk that live in the otherwise...
  6. G

I may be WAAAY off base here but I thought I saw/read something about volcanic activity under the ground. All of this geological/real world stuff is way over my head so I could have just as easily meshed together some Dr. Seuss thing with a scene from Pacific Rim, but.. Aren't there chasms...
  7. G

I was mostly joking. Intelligent debates, discussion, disagreements and such are wonderful. Have at it! See, you can't do that. I'm curious now. We talkin' spiritual, religious, invisible, ghostly, mythological, story & legend or just simply "it's under the soil" there? I think I know the...
  8. G

Sounds so obvious, but didn't think of it. Of the 6 nations that have settled the world, one is a horrible place of evil and ruled by a Revenant. My initial thoughts, unrelated to the mountain dilemma, is how each of the other nations are doing all they can to keep the bad nation away from them...
  9. G

This is brilliant. Thank you so much for this. I have another possible scenario, based on my initial thoughts of what the god did and why. The Lego God arrives on the world - currently titled Blackwater (in honor of my PC that died last session). He's holding the 'bucket of all lego pieces'. He...
  10. G

Very good points. If the world had mountains in the "old days", I could easily say things were built and made before they disappeared. I can create buried and forgotten weapons, which among today's mountainless world of bone and wood, are artifact level. I haven't wrapped my head around the...
  11. G

Amazingly helpful Michele. Thank you If I go the route of there WAS mountains, but they're gone now, I like the stuff about cities building upon the ruins of previous cities. It makes sense and I could have the disappearance of the mountains as a sort of extinction level event. On the other...
  12. G

Perhaps I can diffuse any possible tension. Honest question here, because I don't know. Does Stonehenge have anything to do with (at all), the use of, or reason for, the confusion between what you are both discussing? And I don't mean confusion between the two of you. More among the masses that...
  13. G

I’m trying to put all of the thoughts together into something that translates into “how do adventurers adventure in such a place.” So I have some questions based on previous words. I’d like to see how much I’ve grasped. Barrier and Water Does this mean the visibility of the incoming storm is...
  14. G

Man, you're all very helpful. I have a few more questions. Really appreciate the discussion, as somewhere in there, I try and think about adventure and story in this weird world. How much do mountains play into the mineral aspect of things. Would I only have a Dark Sun place with bone and wood...
  15. G

Digesting all of your amazing thoughts, suggestions and advice. I'll chime in with more details, thanks and perhaps more questions later. Thank you
Top Bottom