Recent content by Heavy Arms

1. Heavy Arms

[nwod] Changeling: Lost, 1e vs. 2e?

1) 2e wasn't as big of a change overall for Changeling as it was for some of the other games. While there are some substantive changes to how things are handled mechanically, the general concepts are largely the same. Overall I think it's a thematic improvement even if mostly in refinement or...
  2. Heavy Arms

V:tM MET into Tabletop

Ah, they house ruled in a d12 instead of the RPS rules, that makes more sense.
  3. Heavy Arms

SJG is continuing to work with accused sexual harasser Bill Webb. They are offering partial refunds to customers. [see redtext appended to OP]

Damn... another former Moxy Fruvous fan... Yeah, that one hit hard, putting those CDs in a box somewhere was rough.
  4. Heavy Arms

V:tM MET into Tabletop

It sounds like they're using the Vampire the Requiem MET rules (which are pretty old now, since Onyx Path doesn't have the license to do LARP books, and By Night Studios has only worked on the classic WoD games). You can pretty much always use the MET rules for TT play instead of LARP, it's...
  5. Heavy Arms

Evil Hat's Fate of Cthulhu Kickstarter not shipping to Europe [There's a reason, see tweet in post #8]

I know a few of them work with printers in the UK or EU to help mitigate some of these issues... and some of them just have less international backers because shipping is extra and expensive, so less international backers do.
  6. Heavy Arms

Cops VS the Supernatural?

I wouldn't write off the Chronicles of Darkness (the rebranded "new" World of Darkness where Precinct 13 is set). It's a dark setting, but not really a nihilistic setting. The Hunter the Vigil line (which is getting its second edition relatively soon) is about humans that stand up to the...
  7. Heavy Arms

[PBtA] Hearing the phrase "The best thing to do is avoid rolling dice"

OK some thoughts I've had following along: First, I've been considering if base-line PbtA as an engine needs some sort of official "Stakes" rules. I'm aware most of the people that grok PtbA don't really need this, but it might be really useful for new folks, and people struggling to get into...
  8. Heavy Arms

A lot of this is more cultural inertia than how "trad" games are actually being written these days. Most current "trad" games actively discourage anything that would be a dead roll (though I disagree that missing an attack is a dead roll because it doesn't stop anything, and can have major - if...
  9. Heavy Arms

The problem is that the math gets kinda funky. To get a character that gets a full 10+ success more often than not, you need a +3, but that drops your 6- chances pretty low. It doesn't entirely help the impression of things when a character that success without cost more often than not (and...
  10. Heavy Arms

I think for some of us soured on PbtA to some extent are wary of it (and systems like it) because so much depends on how much your GM groks the concepts; not just if they're a good GM or not. I know people I consider very good GMs that struggle with things like the Fate Point economy, or PbtA's...
  11. Heavy Arms

I find a third group that's somewhat in the middle. Sometimes plans go to hell because of course they do. Sometimes plans work. But they get extremely frustrated if it pretty much always gets up one way or the other; that level of contrivance just takes them out of the game. Variety to help...
  12. Heavy Arms

I like Intimacies in Ex3. Does any other game do something similar?

You could certainly do a PbtA version that does it, but it's not built in as the OP is talking. In Exalted 3e, Intimacies (which aren't inherently about erotic or sexual things) are how you define a character's relationships with the world, and personal beliefs. They're classed in two types...
  13. Heavy Arms

I like Intimacies in Ex3. Does any other game do something similar?

Cortex+ Drama (aka Smallville), or Cortex Prime aimed in the Drama direction, go even farther, where Relationships and Values are your main character traits.
  14. Heavy Arms

[Exalted 3e] Trying to understand Craft through the Dragon-Blooded

Keep in mind that you can buy temporary slots with craft XP. The only difference between temporary slots that are free with Charms, and permanent slots, are having Charms that key off your permanent slots (as Solars do). So it doesn't seem beyond the scope of DB Charms to decrease the cxp cost...
  15. Heavy Arms

Vamp: Requiem 1e vs. 2e? (not oWoD)

The ephemeral entities flowchart isn't actually in VtR 2e (since the Strix don't use it, they can only possess un/dead bodies and have their own system for it), it's in the CofD 2e core book, and most of the 2e core books (since most of the supernaturals deal more directly with...
Top Bottom