• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by hippokrene

1. hippokrene

A "new look" for The One Ring a.k.a. The Lord of the Rings™ RPG

I like the art I've seen, save for the Rivendell Elf. It's rather obvious the artist used a woman wearing high heels as a model, which accounts for the bizarre posing and probably some of the costuming as well.
  2. hippokrene

[Cyberpunk Red] Jumpstart “weirdness”!

That text about plugging in to your coffee machine and car is from a previous version of the game. I want to say it came out in 1990? Like it's almost a direct quote of the intro from a really early version.
  3. hippokrene

Disney all-in on Star Wars a mistake?

Disney Tourist Blog agrees that attendance is far lower than predicted. You don't have to look far back to show that people were talking about the 'insane crowds' Disneyland's largest attraction ever was sure to have. I noted in the film thread that Toy Story 4 had the highest opening of the...
  4. hippokrene

[Movies] The 2019 Box Office Report

Toy Story 4 does the best in the franchise despite the last movie coming out in 2010 = Disappointment Man, Disney is Hollywood's evil empire this decade, isn't it? Anyways, it's hard to see Spider-Man: FFH 'record opening' as anything more than a marketing spin. There's no competition for...
  5. hippokrene

This generation's cartoon.

If fan fiction is anything to go by, it's Naruto.
  6. hippokrene

[Film/Review/Spoilers] Peele’s ‘Us’

I dislike horror. There are excellent horror films and I can appreciate the genre, but it often gets a hard pass from me. That’s likely why, despite thinking Get Out was a great film, I wasn’t aware of Us until yesterday. It popped up in Amazon’s ‘since you liked...’ recommendations. My first...
  7. hippokrene

[Recruitment] City of Necromancers: 4e Paragon Planar game (using PbtA oldschool emulator)

@Atlictoatl If you're still interested, 'Raheshi Demonslayer' sounds appealing. I made a bargain with night hag in the desolate swamps of Attigor; I slayed a monster who had spurred her affection and in exchange she gave me its eye. Literally. It sits in my left socket now and with it I can...
  8. hippokrene

IC Storm Panthers (4e)

"I know a lot of orcs!" Mintstrip says with a grin. A few orcs and half-bloods around the table chuckle. "Did she say it was my kid? If so, it ain't true. Don't care how handsome it looks!" The gnome sounds a tad soused. He's unlikely to just walk away from his game without good reason...
  9. hippokrene

RPGs about playing aristocrats, gentry, members of the ruling class, that sort of thing?

Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought focuses on playing the elite elemental-demigods and rulers of the Realm.
  10. hippokrene

🎨 Creative Anti-transhumanism as a viable faction?

That's because you're associating 'be transhuman' with 'be powerful.' That's explicitly not the case in the setting of DE. In Human Revolution and Mankind Divided, the majority of transhumanism is dangerous, expensive, requires you take medicine for the rest of your life, and increasingly...
  11. hippokrene

[Netflix] First Witcher cast photos

It's difficult to read much from just standing around, posing in costume. Ciri looks a touch bland. Of all of them, I find myself more interested in Yennifer and wondering if they'll be able to capture her character.
  12. hippokrene

Extreme Tunnel Vision

Games are about solving a problem. When you hold up a problem in front of a player, they'll often attempt to solve it. The more difficulty they have with it, the more they're motivated to whack at it. The more they whack at it, the more psychological investment they have in solving it. It's a...
  13. hippokrene

Blood & Treasure

I liked the few episodes I've caught, though I constantly find myself thinking, "Hey, that dude looks like PewDiePie."
  14. hippokrene

Batman: The Animated Series- Worst Villains

"My boyfriend defends me against my father" is not quite the feminist opprobrium I'm looking for.
  15. hippokrene

Batman: The Animated Series- Worst Villains

In all the incarnations I've seen, I've found al Ghul to be bizarrely dull. He never comes off as charismatic, brilliant, or noble, which is what the character concept needs to work. Also, his treatment of his daughter is always sexist and gross. I would love to see her just shiv the fucker once.
Top Bottom