Recent content by jackalstotem

1. J

Earthdawn Setting Through the Ages

Back in the day, I'd purchased a copy of Earthdawn and read through it. I stayed up late, hidden under the covers and with a flashlight clutched in my tiny claws, as I turned page after page, greedy for one tale after the other. Unfortunately, that was ages ago, and I am now old. As a benefit...
  2. J

Fallen London-style Currencies in an RPG?

If you expand on this, I'd love to hear about it. It's inspired me to tinker with a Favors system, where all Favor Points are generic--unless a story calls for it, specifically, and it's memorable. Then, a GM might implement a Favor Points (Specific Theme), that lets them be spent at a discount...
  3. J

Fallen London-style Currencies in an RPG?

I'm an old Fallen London player. It's a browser-based "rpg" and not a tabletop one, but one thing I really like about it is its diverse use of "currency." For example, the number of secrets, and their type, are Currencies. Outright money in FL is useful, but there's this...
  4. J

Pathfinder Second Edition

I saw those, yeah. I suppose I read into it differently. This was my interpretation: * Updates to systems that needed tweaks. Some of these systems felt queasy or clunky to the community (Resonance, Dying Rules) * Additions they'd planned on (more MC feats) I didn't see as many updates to...
  5. J

Player pushback? That is me not buying the product, and stopping participating in the forums. It's more players doing that. If the forums aren't active, if the books aren't selling, etc. I remember putting forward the idea, jokingly, of a Corgi Shifter form--as fun thing. Jacobs said he thought...
  6. J

That would include me, though I was never rude. They seem to be willing to tweak, though I've not seen many outright changes. Even as against toxicity as I am, I'm a little o.o at how little they seem to respond to concerns. This is from someone who really, truly wants PF2e to work. The Twitter...
  7. J

[PF2e] Sorcerers

It definitely seems as though if they added some anathema feats with more benefits/trade-offs, you could come close to duplicating the oracle with sorc, now.
  8. J

[PF2e] Sorcerers

One of the cool things that PF2e has done is to let the sorcerer bloodline determine their spell list (PF2e has 4 themed spell lists). This is one of the things that I'm kind of excited for, kind of worried for. That is, there's a lot of theme potential. I worry it makes sorcs more of the...
  9. J

I'm leaning towards it being that time, too. It'd be good discuss some of the more specific points, you know?
  10. J

Is it okay at this point to make separate threads discussing specific aspects of the playtest?
  11. J

So after going through here and other discussions, I'm wondering if the main audience for 2e is primarily/just PFS. This would tie in to selling APs, for example. In PFS, you want to leave less to question or interpretation, while providing a streamlined but customizable system. Seems to fit...?
  12. J

One of the main reasons I've never picked up 5e is what happened to the 3pp community with 4e's launch. Paizo reaching out to 3pp was a big reason I and others stuck with them. The other was that I liked PF. It had nothing to do with editions for me, otherwise. I agree that what happened wasn't...
  13. J

Just checked out the updates--a lot of revision to how death and dying work. I hope they revise it further. I'd like fewer blocks of text when trying to figure out how at risk someone is. No update to the paladin, a little to the ranger. Those two classes need some love. The main paladin...
  14. J

D&D 3.8E

A few more: * Wizards and prepared casters must purchase spells at the scroll price. No free copying from spellbooks. It's a new class ability, so there should be some monetary balance if WBL matters to you. This is also thematic sense--why would a caster loan another caster their most powerful...
  15. J

Is it time to remove the Drow? Episode 111

I think I see where you're coming from. Let me see if I can explain the other side of it. Them advertising the drow in their core area is akin to sign at the door saying, "we'll be playing to these values/tropes." You take a look, then move past because the sign says, this isn't for you.
Top Bottom