• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Jason Sinclair

1. Jason Sinclair

Cross-Overs That Would Be Awesome...

"Good morning, Mr. Reese. Did you sleep well?" "No." "I'm sorry to hear that. Well, you're in fine company. Bear decided to keep me up all night by--" "Harold? What is it?" "I just found out who our new number is, John. And I'm finally at a loss for words." "Who is it?" "The First Lady...Claire...
  2. Jason Sinclair

Editing your Signature?

Hello, Mods. I can't seem to edit my Signature. When I go to the "About Me" section, the little editing pencils are by all the other values, but not for the Signature. Am I just not seeing it? How can I change what's listed there? (Note that I tried search for an answer on the site, but got...
  3. Jason Sinclair

Adventures on a starcraft luxury cruise ship?

I'm running a sci-fi game ostensibly set in the "Star Frontiers" universe, with heavy doses of "StarCraft", "Cthulhu Tech", "TransHuman Space", "Jorune", "Mech Warrior", "Firefly", "Aliens" and "Blade Runner". The system is BRP and GURPS crushed together in an unholy embrace. Anyhoo, I intend...
  4. Jason Sinclair

[Fantasy game] What are crimes that match up with the Seven Deadly Sins?

I'm not sure how I was going to go about it. Part of me wants to do the subtle thang and not directly name the gangs, but just use it for flavor and to see if the PC's notice (also, it'll help organize my thoughts). On the other hand, they might be parts of a whole, with the gangs working for...
  5. Jason Sinclair

[Fantasy game] What are crimes that match up with the Seven Deadly Sins?

Or more importantly, seven sin-based crimes that are systemic and a group could be involved with? The reason for this is that I want seven criminal thematic gangs in a fantasy city who will be adversaries of the PC's at one point or another. Some of the sins lend themselves easily, like a...
  6. Jason Sinclair

[Idea Shopping] Help me build an all-dwarf campaign...

I've been inspired to run an all-dwarf game (characters, not players) after seeing Peter Jackson's version of "The Hobbit". All of the party will be dwarves with some manner of quest (or not), with most of the action taking place underground. Elements I'm toying with include: * Battles with...
  7. Jason Sinclair

Video games with good stories (to watch as walkthroughs on YouTube)?

I don't have the money, hardware or time to play video games right now, but I do enjoy watching the playthrough/walkthrough videos that can often be found on YouTube (hey, some people dig reality shows; give me a break). Not all games are created equal, however, and some have great stories while...
  8. Jason Sinclair

[Dungeons & Diapers] Gaming group for parents plus play group for babies?

I am dying to game. I haven't had a chance to game since before my wife and I got pregnant and she ended up on bedrest (as I then became her hands and feet, etc). Now that the twins are here, I'd feel horribly guilty leaving the kiddos with my wife (who works all day) while I go off to raid a...
  9. Jason Sinclair

[Comics] DC/Marvel team-ups you want to see...

I don't know about you, but I have a guilty pleasure of loving super-hero team-ups. Usually this is confined to characters within the same comic universe (i.e. Batman/Superman, Spider-Man/Daredevil, etc), but a few times the two comic giants have had individual characters appear in jointly...
  10. Jason Sinclair

[Will It Blend] How many media sci-fi universes can we mix together?

This is meant for fun, a kind of game where we see how many sci-fi media universes we can stuff into a phone booth. This thread might very well belong in Tangency Media, but I think there's gaming gold to be mined in them thar hills depending on what we come up with. Besides, we'll use some RPG...
  11. Jason Sinclair

[The Dark Tower] So...What's along the paths of the other beams? (possible spoilers)

Re: [The Dark Tower] So...What's along the paths of the other beams? (possible spoile You know, just the idea of a creature called an "Elephant Wolf" makes me want to hide under the couch. :D -And what big teeth you have J
  12. Jason Sinclair

💀 Necro Post Apocalyptic: Energy Sources

Just a thought here, but since all one needs is a reliable source of heat for steam power, wouldn't that be somewhat easier with the fact that there'll be all sorts of flammable chemicals and other goodies lying about? Many of these industrial chemicals would be sort of useless otherwise, since...
  13. Jason Sinclair

[The Dark Tower] So...What's along the paths of the other beams? (possible spoilers)

This thread is meant to explore some parts of the world of Stephen King's The Dark Tower series that isn't shown in the novels. I know this thread could well go in the Tangency: Other Media forum, but I thought a lot of juicy RPG material could be culled from our musings. Here's a Wikipedia...
  14. Jason Sinclair

If one can have fan fiction, can one have fan comics?

Weird legal question...If there is legal fan-fiction of various books (for example, Harry Potter), can one make legal fan-comics of Marvel or DC comics characters? I know one can draw and even sell stills of comic characters, but I don't know about sequential art. Can you make fan-comics even if...
  15. Jason Sinclair

The Hospital Game Hook Thread

This looks like a good way for PC's to get new or altered powers and abilities. Might be fun is the GM knows about them and the player doesn't until it pops up... -Experimental J
Top Bottom