• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by jlane

1. J

removed. sent as private message.

removed. sent as private message.
  2. J

Post a link to your [Actual Play] thread here

[Homebrew] Adventures on the Misty Isle http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?577456-Homebrew-Adventures-on-the-Misty-Isle
  3. J

[Homebrew] Adventures on the Misty Isle

Ok, cool. Will continue with the meta info. The group scrambled up a snow-covered hill as fast as they could. For several hours they had moved with all the speed they could muster, but the snow was deep and hills too treacherous to ride their horses and risk injury to them. The Spriggan led the...
  4. J

I'll try to get a longer post up in the next day or so. Any opinions on the usage of past versus present-tense in the writing? I'm debating the two and can't make up my mind. Thanks for reading!
  5. J

A small campfire, its light obscured by thick brush, provides a modicum of warmth to the weary group. Several weeks have passed since they first set out in search of the abandoned mines of the High Kings, and they have finally admitted to themselves that they are lost. What's more, they have...
  6. J

Winter of year 1248 Winter announces itself with freezing winds and snow, blanketing northern Jara in white. Trade grinds to a halt and villages bar their gates. Calem and Findolf, however, have other plans than to just wait it out until Spring. After a thorough evaluation of their finances...
  7. J

I've decided to just link to character profiles, which you can find here: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/adventures-on-the-misty-isle/adventure-log/dramatis-personae There, you'll see a couple as-of-yet unmentioned new personalities, including the love of Tarquin's life (although she...
  8. J

The Autumnal Equinox arrives, and in the bowels of an ancient tower a ritual begins. The requisite amount of vis has been collected, and the spell is ready to be invoked, or so Melvinaari hopes. He knows that failure will mean another year of preparation at the very least, and more likely result...
  9. J

Just realized I can't edit earlier posts... dang. MATHIAS ORDANIAN, priest of the Seven - Mathias was abandoned as an infant, handed to an itinerant monk of the Seven Gods who happened to be passing through one of the northern towns. The monk, in turn, left the child in the care of the Sept in...
  10. J

Not sure what you mean by "sandbox"? Some of the characters are over 15 years old. We started with them in middle school, and decided that we wanted to try to replay them, give them a solid story instead of the hodgepodge of completely unrelated adventures that we called a campaign in our...
  11. J

For immediate occupancy: 5-story fixer-upper stone tower located on picturesque bluff, and surrounded by thousands of acres of pristine woodlands. Secluded, serene location far from any neighbors, but only a day's ride by horse to charming village of Hommlet. River with great fishing borders...
  12. J

So, a little backdrop is probably in order since this campaign has already been well underway as of the time of my writing these journal entries. Calem and Findolf have recently found themselves in the possession of a ruined tower about a days ride east of the village of Hommlet (w00t!). The...
  13. J

....and an hour's worth of writing just disappeared. Not happy. Starting again ::sigh:: Main Characters: CALEM CYSEMET - A minor noble from the northern regions of Jara. His family was brutally murdered in their own keep by an order of blood-thirsty demon worshipers called the Crimson...
  14. J

This will be a summarized account of the current game that I am running. The game system is a hodgepodge of Ars Magica, Harn (for setting), and old school D&D, with added flavor from various books and tv shows. Magic is rare, feared, and dangerous. There are no levels, no "classes", and...
Top Bottom