• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Kath

1. K

OOC [MtAw] War on the Iron Pyramid

The books says one of the choices for an exceptional success is "A Condition which will give Arcane Beats when resolved, on either the mage or her subject.", but it's not clear what that means with multiple subjects, one of whom is the caster. It seems far too good for it to give every subject...
  2. K

Cool, thanks for confirming. I thought that was the way it worked, but wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something.
  3. K

IC [MtAw] War on the Iron Pyramid

"Ordinarily, I'd say scouting out ley lines should be safe enough, but some back-up might not be a bad idea given the oddities at the bank." Sonata pauses, frowning in thought. "Thinking about it, I should be able to extend the spell to affect all of us, which would speed things up a bit."...
  4. K

Quick rules question: If I increase the number of subjects on Sacred Geometry, would that allow us to split up to to map the ley lines? Or do we need to stay near each other if affected by the same spell?
  5. K

Books that grabbed you by the heartstrings

The Goblin Emperor gets my vote too. A truly lovely book.
  6. K

[Let's learn] 13th Age

This is definitely true. The players in my game have learned to prioritise mooks after several painful lessons. I'm not a fan of one-shot kills, and so often slightly nerf the upper end of monster damage, so that a critical won't be quite so scary (or rely on the cleric to use his Protection...
  7. K

[L5R] Customs of Rokugan

Seconded. Even a samurai with no Etiquette or Courtier (I can't remember the 5th Ed skill names) has been raised in this society, and knows the basic social mores. They might not know precisely how deeply to bow to a superior, but they know they have to bow. The first game I played in used the...
  8. K

Sonata nods at the others. "I think having a poke around after hours is a good idea. I may be able to help by affecting the electronic surveillance inside the bank, though I didn't pay enough attention to the security when we were there before to be certain. Still, it may be worth doing even if...
  9. K

Yeah, that's impressively hideous. Poor Ness!
  10. K

Sonata winces when she sees Ness's house from the outside. God, it's awful. As she enters, she plasters on a more neutral expression, not wanting to offend her host. I must remember to make to clear to the estate agent to avoid any properties in this area. Entering the house, Sonata raises an...
  11. K

Sonata nods at Ness. "Good plan; let's go". Turning to take a last look at the bank, she calls up an imago in her mind. Calling upon the clarity of the Aether, she focuses her sight through the imago, using it as a lens to reveal the ley lines and Hallows within the bank. Casting Sacred...
  12. K

Sonata looks at the growing scene with some unease. She catches Sitala's eye, "Do you think Ness needs any back up? I'm not sure what we can do to help, but the pair he's chatting to are acting rather oddly. There's something not right with them magically either."
  13. K

[13th Age] Eyes of the Stone Thief (and prelude)

Season 2, Session 34 - Third Time Lucky, Part 4 PCs present: Nuin (and his brother, Kalecgos, a young gold dragon) Darrell Brugh Green Slug Goghwim Glorta The cultist introduced himself as Maeglor, and made a valiant attempt to persuade the heroes to work with him, on some complicated...
  14. K

[13th Age] Eyes of the Stone Thief (and prelude)

Season 2, Session 33 - Third Time Lucky, Part 3 PCs present: Nuin (and his brother, Kalecgos, a young gold dragon) Darrell Brugh Green Slug Goghwim Almost immediately afterwards, Grimtusk began to put his plan into action, fearing that any delay would alert Fangrot. Grimtusk and his orcs...
  15. K

Gloomhaven

Your hand size never increases in Gloomhaven. You add cards to your pool as you level, but you always take the same number of cards from your pool into each scenario.
Top Bottom