Recent content by kattkin

1. K

Should a setting reproduce core rules?

Yeah, you've both got me nodding along. I think references and maybe a web address for an SRD would be best.
  2. K

Should a setting reproduce core rules?

I was thinking about criticism I received for a starfinder campaign setting I'm writing. Essentially, I had planned to only detail changes to the core rules and otherwise trust that the players would already have access to Starfinder (I'm planning to publish under their license). Someone...
  3. K

Bleak Frontiers playtest

I already have! I think you had a good point about the tone, actually. I was originally going for that darker feel and other issues made me lose sight of it a little bit. So with that in mind I cut about 40 pages (not wasted, just filed away for future use with more noble-bright material). It's...
  4. K

Artificer class playtest

Hello again, everyone. Under advice from another poster, I'm starting a separate thread for my artificer class, away from the rest of my setting. This class is pretty important (I'm not comparing my setting to Star Wars but if I did, this class would be the equivalent of the Jedi; a core...
  5. K

Bleak Frontiers playtest

I really appreciate you taking the time to look over things and offer some feedback, thank you very much. Some of what you had to say confirms fears that were already percolating and I'll take another look at each section, keeping in mind what you've written here. As far as theme, I think you...
  6. K

Bleak Frontiers playtest

I've been working on a sci-fi/fantasy setting for the Starfinder rules set. The basic premise is that the universe is composed of living, semi-sentient incarnations of fundamental laws which engage in conflict with one another and this give and take both creates and violates the laws of physics...
  7. K

I despise rules-lite (I don't expect you to care)

@Bobus X I am having some trouble parsing what you mean by "I prefer most of the complexity to most of the complexity to be in the actual choices during gameplay..." Are there actual choices you can make in Mythras that you can't make in any other RPG? Like what?
  8. K

@The Wyzard Oh, that wasn't intended in an aggro way. More like I'm trying to head off all the people who would otherwise inevitably tell me to stop whining. The whole post is me being disturbed by something inconsequential; so if I took away the whinging there wouldn't be much left. I wasn't...
  9. K

Hi, I'm not a regular poster and I am aware that the thread's headline is somewhat incendiary. I'm not intentionally being provocative, it's just that I was reading the forums today and it struck me that I loathe rules-lite and I want to moan about it. I'm talking general concept and not trying...
  10. K

Skype-Dark heresy-Players-Gm

I realize this is a slightly old thread now but I was wondering if there is still room for another player? I very much want to give Dark Heresy a shot as I love the 40k setting; but I just moved and don't have a group anymore. A skype game would be pretty perfect!
Top Bottom