• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Knaight's latest activity

• Knaight
    Knaight replied to the thread Price point on HC RPG Books.
    LEDs are solid. Candles are more of a desperate measures situation, and daylight hours on a weekend requires some very specific...
  • Knaight
    Knaight replied to the thread Age of Wonders: Planetfall.
    It's a big map, and I'm playing it currently. I tend to upgrade scouts with detectors though, especially when I know hiding will happen...
  • Knaight
    The big differences are in allowable granularity and amount of math. I wouldn't call BitD a PbtA system, but if you go that far afield...
  • Knaight
    Knaight replied to the thread Games built from the economy up?.
    For cooking specifically, not really. Your standard knife block is in the $50-$100 range. Your fancy knife blocks made of a high carbon...
  • Knaight
    Knaight replied to the thread Responding to player cheating.
    That's the charitable interpretation. The less charitable interpretation involves noting that there's a misogynistic strain to the hobby...
  • Knaight
    Knaight replied to the thread 13th Age Iconless.
    You should be able to pull them out entirely. The Icon rules are relatively disconnected, which makes it really easy to both take them...
  • Knaight
    Knaight replied to the thread Your gaming table: what's on it?.
    Paper, pencils, etc Whiteboard with clipboard clip Poker chips or glass half-marbles Dice Sometimes food, drinks Occasionally a game book
  • Knaight
    Knaight replied to the thread Exploding dice: yea or nay?.
    I tend to like them, though gaps in output distribution really annoy me aesthetically.
  • Knaight
    Want me to hook you up with some Octave scripts for designer end math? It's my go to when I get in over my head in Anydice. I'll also...
  • Knaight
    That all seems like a lot more trouble than intuitively understanding system math and the fiction to a deep level and just picking a...
  • Knaight
    I'm with Alban: you've made a variable TN syatem, but clunkier. Varying TN by skill exclusively is neat, but do it directly.
  • Knaight
    Desolation would work. You have to extract the nonhumans, but doing that is easy. It then leaves highly competent characters in a mid...
  • Knaight
    It depends on the DM. The cognitive load of judgment versus memory varies, and I'd consider determining a DC from the fiction a...
  • Knaight
    Knaight replied to the thread Stats for a "City State".
    That's them. They do come paired with 10 actioms though, and it's there that the fun twists tend to show up.
  • Knaight
    Knaight replied to the thread Stats for a "City State".
    The Reign faction stats work well here, and yoyr percent power consolidation actually maps pretty well to one (sovereignty).
Top Bottom