• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Libertad

1. Libertad

Midgard Campaign Setting: Anyone have an Opinion?

To the OP: I wrote up two detailed Let's Reads for the Midgard Worldbook and the Southlands sister setting. In short, I'm a big fan of both and ran games in both. It is a really cool and neat world which gives novel spins on classic concepts while also delving into new territory. You...
  2. Libertad

A Contrast of Fantasy Africana D&D Settings

It does not seem to be. I believe that the crowdfunded project only provided for physical copies. There was apparently a PDF on Drive-Thru RPG, but it has since become a "not available" title.
  3. Libertad

Allandaros touched upon some good examples, but there's also Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan. It's not D&D and actually a video game, but it was designed by a studio in Cameroon. It's a hybrid fighting-RPG style of gameplay.
  4. Libertad

So something of interest. Southlands just became a Gold Best Seller on Drive-Thru RPG. Granted, it was at Electrum (the step below Gold) for years, so it likely recently hit the required threshold. But it looks to be a very popular setting, in line with Kobold Press' other works. Spears of the...
  5. Libertad

[any edition] What official races had the most lop-sided ability modifiers?

I'm interested in what TSR/WotC products contained playable races with the most extreme ability scores bonuses and penalties. Or the smallest maximums/highest minimums in the case of AD&D. This is more out of curiosity; 3rd party products are renowned for their lack of balanced options, but I'm...
  6. Libertad

[VtM] Which sourcebook listed Caine's stats as "you lose?"

I read this on another site as a very brief description of how to handle chronicles which had the progenitor of vampires show up. Which sourcebook said this?
  7. Libertad

A big Content Warning for discussion of sexual assault and pedophilia, among other things. Quite a bit, actually. I should note that a good portion is inoffensive overviews of local history, customs, religions, and such. But the material that's bad kept popping up that they couldn't be brushed...
  8. Libertad

I was going off what has already been published at the moment, but doh! I should have mentioned that.
  9. Libertad

Hello everyone. I just recently completed a Let's Read of Nyambe: African Adventures here in this very forum. But it was not the only product of its kind that I reviewed. Last year I reviewed Southlands, and I first reviewed Spears of the Dawn nearly half a decade before that. When rereading...
  10. Libertad

Thank you for your compliments and your interest! Unfortunately various other pressures on my...

Thank you for your compliments and your interest! Unfortunately various other pressures on my time now will prevent me from checking it out. I do wish you the best of luck in your setting project! :)
  11. Libertad

[Let's Read] Nyambe: African Adventures

Funny you should mention that; I won't review it just yet, but I am reading Svimohzia: the Ancient Isle, and while it does have some good ideas it's definitely darker and edgier than Nyambe/Spears of the Dawn/Southlands: the country sections of the noble houses and wars read like the most...
  12. Libertad

New Animals & Vermin This section is light on new artwork, unsurprisingly. A lot of the new animals are for stats of existing real-world creatures or altered versions of corebook ones. Thus our “new” animals and vermin include the following: the war camel is a stronger version of the standard...
  13. Libertad

We got plenty of lions and a few imported baers, but no tigers! The final chapter is by far the longest, taking up 25% of the book’s content with nearly 60 new monsters, all but a few with their own artwork. For obvious reasons I’m not going to go in-depth on specific monster types, but will...
  14. Libertad

If Feats are the First Estate of D20 supplements, then New Magic Items would be the Second, with monsters a close Third. And hoo boy do we have a lot of new trinkets, artifacts, concoctions, and all things supernatural! Magic Armor is actually just as common in Nyambe-tanda as it is in other...
  15. Libertad

This is the Miscellaneous GM’s Section of the book, a collection of material which doesn’t fit in the other chapters. On a similar note the artwork here feels like placeholders, few of which is directly relevant to the adjoining text. The majority of content focuses on new adventure hooks and...
Top Bottom