• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Litpho

1. Litpho

Hacking Blades in the Dark for classic Vampire the Masquerade

Keeping the initial teacher long-term project for out of class Disciplines to still differentiate those, I assume. Not entirely unlike Blades Rituals, I think. Sounds nice.
  2. Litpho

Differing long-term project clocks looks like an elegant way to handle it. Depending on the cost of downtime actions, of course. You do run the risk of characters investing more in Actions because Special Abilities/Disciplines are perceived as too expensive and Playbook advances don’t have...
  3. Litpho

How are they harder to learn? They take multiple playbook advances, perhaps (which is steeper than the original, but BitD Veteran abilities are cheaper than the original out of clan Disciplines and I don’t see a great middle way. I really like that Blades eventually made the number of Veteran...
  4. Litpho

Did you keep veteran special abilities or do you want stronger niche protection? (easily fixed away if you do, though).
  5. Litpho

Sony and Disney Stop Sharing Spider-Man

If they can bring back J.K. Simmons, I demand I keep my Marisa Tomei.
  6. Litpho

The Matrix 4 Official

I think Bound has less flaws than the Matrix. The Matrix somehow hit the zeitgeist, but I think it fell short of its ambitions (the sequels certainly did). Bound, on the other hand, just works. Does that make it better? It depends.
  7. Litpho

So you set up a meeting with Will Smith and Kevin Kline...
  8. Litpho

Me too, but Black Panther as the primus inter pares of Phase 4 does sound interesting. And not only because the usual suspects will have a fit.
  9. Litpho

Return of He-Man

"By the Power of Greyskull!" - "No, no, no! I said 'For the Honor of Greyskull'. This is going to take forever, isn't it?"
  10. Litpho

Return of He-Man

Will it have Orko?
  11. Litpho

Exploding dice: yea or nay?

Apart from the fact that this is not to boost the roll, it is to change the interpretation of the roll. Fiat wasn't exactly right, but it is "when the spender wants it without any further element of chance (apart from the initial circumstance)". Whereas Burning Wheel (which I love, btw) prides...
  12. Litpho

When you throw a 20 in Spycraft/Fantasy Craft (my go to example in this case), it is a threat. The range can be bigger than 20 for skills/attacks, but 20 is default. If the player wants to turn the threat it into a crit, they'll pay one or more action dice. On the other end of the scale, if...
  13. Litpho

[Spoilers] Avengers: Endgame Little Details You Loved

”I was the one who told him he was a Genius on Earth...”
  14. Litpho

Redoing Ultima

Also despite being buried under the 8-man skiff he is constantly carrying around.
  15. Litpho

I've grown less fond of them over time, once the novelty wore off. They make the game too swingy (so does a single D20, as far as I'm concerned) with not much interesting payoff. I prefer truly exceptional results to be something decided by player and/or GM fiat. I'm fine with dice creating the...
Top Bottom