Recent content by Michael K

1. Michael K

Palladium Books launches new, updated website

I would like to echo this. 200+ pages without useable bookmarks and without giving me the ability to set my own makes any use of the pdfs an unnecessary hassle. However, I do like the new website and the Glitter Boy animation.
  2. Michael K

Running X in Fate

Mostly permissions, I have found that I like the mantles in theory but in practice felt that they limit my freedom with the character (this can very well be a thing in my mind and not an actual mechanical problem). However, as I mostly play solo these days I have the advantage that my GM knows...
  3. Michael K

How did Invisible Sun turn out?

In fairness, if I do not consider an item fair value (like the cube) I will not spend the money required to get it. Others read the description and thought it was worth it, I read the description and decided against it (in no small part in my case because without digital components I couldn't...
  4. Michael K

What Games Should Ditch Their House Systems

Rifts. I don't care so much for the other Palladium IPs, but that one yould really use a different rules set (and by different, I don't mean Savage Worlds. I tried Savage Rifts and it didn't click, at all).
  5. Michael K

Thanks for the reply. Ok, so no Invisible Sun for me. Too bad, it did sound interesting but I really won't burden myself with a box I couldn't use as all my gaming these days is online.
  6. Michael K

Are the physical items really that much needed (in physical form) that a digital edition couldn't be realised? Everything I have heard so far implies stuff that is either neat but not necessary or stuff like the cards that would work just as well in digital form.
  7. Michael K

Should a setting reproduce core rules?

If the rules (FATE in the example I'm thinking of) are freely available and only end up as a cheap copy-and-paste job that runs to upwards of 50% of the "product", I'm disinclined to be charitable in my interpretation of the "creator's" motives.
  8. Michael K

Should a setting reproduce core rules?

I would prefer as little reproduction as possible, especially if the original product (or access to an SRD) is required to play anyway. I know that there are a few creators that add almost the whole SRD (EDIT: of a given system) to their "products" to blow up pagecount but it leaves a very bad...
  9. Michael K

Setting for GMs only?

It puts more work on the GM as he has to sift through the information, separate bits characters should know (and players want to know) from stuff not yet for their eyes, and present it to the group. I think it really depends on the group, whether they are fine with "you are some guys from some...
  10. Michael K

[Star Trek: Discovery] 2x01 Brother (***Spoilers***)

I can see why Starfleet would not use it (and try their best to keep it from proliferating among the less moral aliens out there), but neither reason would give Section 31 a moment's hesitation, and I think we can assume that they are quite aware of the technology (and its tactical and strategic...
  11. Michael K

Glass Movie Discussion Thread

I took it was meant to show that they aren't evil, they only kill when their standard plan (convince them that they are suffering from delusions) fails. It did nothing to improve my views on them or Shyamalan's approach to "mental illnesses".
  12. Michael K

[Spoilers][Glass]The thread for people who actually saw the movie

I can't imagine how the mystery organization, with all its resources and history of success, is expected to fail in discrediting the video assuming technology roughly on par with our own in 2019. It just doesn't work (EDIT: for me, obviously), and spelling something else out makes me actually...
  13. Michael K

[Spoilers][Glass]The thread for people who actually saw the movie

Copy / Paste from the other thread: I think the biggest criticism I can (personally) lay at Glass is that, as a movie, it leaves me disappointed, both on a conceptional level, and an emotional one. I know that for whatever reason Shyamalan seems limited to movies that end on a dour note, but...
  14. Michael K

Glass Movie Discussion Thread

I think the biggest criticism I can (personally) lay at Glass is that, as a movie, it leaves me disappointed, both on a conceptional level, and an emotional one. I know that for whatever reason Shyamalan seems limited to movies that end on a dour note, but (as I can't possibly find it in myself...
  15. Michael K

🎨 Creative What's your Rob Liefield name?

Bladeclaw... Snikt!
Top Bottom