• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by mrlost

1. mrlost

I need to prep a tarokka (tarot) fortune telling for my next session

What I what to the fortune telling to reveal is that the PC is the heir to a fallen noble house, that the ancestor responsible for their fall still lives as a vampire, and the inheritance lies in the crypt under Castle Ravenloft. I feel like I should also hint at a romantic entanglement, and the...
  2. mrlost

Pelgrane Press disassociates Jonathan Tweet from 13th Age/Pelgrane

If you are looking for a good book for debunking pseudo scientific racism, may I recommend The Mismeasure of Man by Stephen Jay Gould. https://www.amazon.com/Mismeasure-Man-Revised-Expanded/dp/0393314251
  3. mrlost

What beings can trap an entire continent in an altered reality? [D&D 5e]

Thanks. Sounds like a Dragonlance game. Hard/tiring Arcane magic, no divine magic. Anyway, I would go with an elder evil https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Elder_evil I would use https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Dream_Eater_Asabikeshiinh_(3.5e_Elder_Evil) Asabikeshiinh is a massively powerful...
  4. mrlost

Gygax had the deity Zagyg. Who is the NPC with the reverse of your name in your game?

So in all my d&d games, as a tip of the hat to Gygax I tend to have an NPC called A. I. Crag because my surname is Garcia. Lately this Crag character has been showing up as a dwarf artificer of indeterminate gender. Do you DMs have such a tongue in cheek NPC and if so, tell me about them.
  5. mrlost

Monster that can only be instant killed by shot through the heart or decapitation, how would you model that?

I read an analysis I think in Dungeons & Zombies for AFMBE of all things that held that a -4 penalty to hit is the equivalent of rolling a crit. So I would give the monster a fast healing ability of 1/4 of its max hit points (or slightly less than the average value a Rogue’s sneak attack at that...
  6. mrlost

🎨 Creative (4e) PEACH This ritual tome I made for my Ravenloft game

Yeah I specifically stayed away from powers that require healing surges because I just wrote a bunch of extra powers for the Heroes of Shadow Vampire class that use healing surges as a boost. The magic item is in reference to...
  7. mrlost

🎨 Creative 5e Sorcerous Origin: Archmage’s Heir (pls PEACH)

Seems balanced and simple to understand except for Esoteric Applications. Why not simply have it grant the Wizard school's 6th level feature?
  8. mrlost

Ravenloft, the D&D Horror Problem, and a Fix

Yeah in my current Ravenloft game the Devil Strahd (i.e. the classic Dracula inspired vampire darklord) was slain sixty years ago, but two of his vampire brides escaped and have spent the last six decades licking their wounds and building up their forces. Ireena Kolyana, has taken the name...
  9. mrlost

🎨 Creative (4e) PEACH This ritual tome I made for my Ravenloft game

Well the intent I had for the first power is to once per day allow the PCs (who are all 3rd level now but will be soon 4th level at the end of tonight's session) to spend a 1st level daily power to add +3 to their character level granting the ability to cast Rituals of level 6, from next week's...
  10. mrlost

(Star Trek Adventures; DS9) Trying to put together a one shot

Yeah two of my players it turns out write Yaoi/Erotic fan fiction about Garak, and had a small battle over who would get to play him. The loser called dibs on Bashir. Nobody wanted to play Sisko or Dax (my favorite characters from DS9, oh and Vedek/Kai Winn) Thanks for the note
  11. mrlost

🎨 Creative Has anyone used the new franchise rules in the Acquisitions Inc D&D book? Look at this thief/harlot guild I made

I think so. You mostly just need to change terms like Hoardsperson to Accountant, and Decisonist to Executive or the Renaissance era equivalent.
  12. mrlost

(Star Trek Adventures; DS9) Trying to put together a one shot

Hey dude. Sorry for any offense I gave you. I just feel defensive because I agree that a station based adventure would be better. I just don’t have any ideas for one. If anyone felt inspired enough to post some perhaps we can collaborate on a scenario. I admit that after watching episode 3.26...
  13. mrlost

🎨 Creative Has anyone used the new franchise rules in the Acquisitions Inc D&D book? Look at this thief/harlot guild I made

Sample PC owned rank 1 franchise organization The Trull Bridge Street Temple is the front for a franchise of a secretive harlot and thief guild that venerates Tiamat, the draconic goddess of Destruction, Greed, and Lust. The “temple,” is actually a horse drawn carriage that is usually parked on...
  14. mrlost

[4e] ...Sandbox?

I’m down to play in one. Right now I’m running a 4e Ravenloft campaign set sixty years after Van Richten slayed Strahd the Vampire and put one of his virtuous descendants on the throne who assumed the name and title of Count Strahd von Zarovich the tenth, and set about doing good to improve...
  15. mrlost

New Monk Tradition - Way of the Northern Spirits

Maybe change this to either: You cannot fall prone while standing on ice or snow unless affected by an attack or spell. Or just make it: While standing in snow or on ice, you can make a Dexterity save with advantage to avoid being knocked prone.
Top Bottom