Recent content by Muskrat

1. Muskrat

IC [HomebrewSupers] Zero Day

Ramona shakes her head at the returned money. The people she'd taken it from would never miss it, while the non-profit badly needed it. She took a deep breath, called up the FBI's website on her computer, and then went about trying to penetrate its security, hoping to get access to internal...
  2. Muskrat

IC [Magical Burst 4] Wind Colored Magical Girls

"O-Okay,"says Ami startled. "At your house? I'll try to get things sorted out here as quickly as I can. I, uh, look kind of ... conspicuous right now though, even in my mundane form."
  3. Muskrat

IC [Firefly] The Path of the Righteous (Thread 2)

As they take cover in the shed, Meizhi looks around and says to Kennith, "Cover me. I think I can make an improvised bomb out of this stuff. I'm a-gonna let you be the one to huck it at their car." She grabs an empty gas container and begins mixing in various chemicals, using tools from her...
  4. Muskrat

IC [Firefly] Leaf on the Wind

Mel says, "Oh, I agree with you all, something is definitely off. Let's assume it's a threat until we know otherwise. My suspicion is that it was meant as some sort of voice activation, though I can't imagine of what. But maybe they somehow slipped some virus that would respond to into our...
  5. Muskrat

IC In the Shadow of Elsport

Mathis shrugs and says to Vitzel, "Maybe they did believe they were honoring Anwaren. People get all sorts of odd ideas. Did you get any names, either of the victim or what he was calling his gang of pitfighters?"
  6. Muskrat

OOC In the Shadow of Elsport

It seems odd to me as a player that Vitzel knows who Vesani is talking about, but I want to make sure I'm not reading too much into it. Are you assuming that Vesani gave a detailed enough description of the victim that Vitzel would recognize him?
  7. Muskrat

IC [HomebrewSupers] Zero Day

Ramona thinks about poking around on the FBI's computers to see what they know, if anything, about Victor's assassination. Before she does something quite so bold, she revisits the security systems of the banks where she moved money around, wanting to see if any of their cyber-security personnel...
  8. Muskrat

IC [Firefly] The Path of the Righteous (Thread 2)

"Satan's shit-covered balls!" shouts Meizhi as the thugs open fire on Kennith. She ducks behind one of the various equipment sheds on Limbikani's property and starts shooting back. Since I appear to have a plethora of plot points, I will spend one to create a 1d6 equipment shed asset. I figure...
  9. Muskrat

I don't think we ever made it into school, did we? Ami calls Nonohara-sensei back. When she reaches her (or her voicemail), she says, "Hi, Nonohara-sensei. I'm sorry to have given you a scare. Things got a little crazy, but we're all fine now. We still have some things to sort out, but if...
  10. Muskrat

Mathis grins rouguishly. "Yes, she's one of my friends--and she is quite nice." He turns to Vitzel. "And I'm sober enough, if a bit hung-over. Haven't you heard--I have a job now?" He holds out the sealed letter showing that he is a Bailiff of Judge Fetigurn. More seriously, he adds, "I'm...
  11. Muskrat

IC [Firefly] Leaf on the Wind

Mel immediately hits the switch to cut off communications. "I don't know what that was, but I don't like it." Seeing that the others are already trying to figure out what in blazes is going on, he lets them to do their work. He tries to sort through what he remembers from military briefings on...
  12. Muskrat

[Interest] Story-rich D&D (is that a thing?)

I think you can have a campaign with social conflict in any system. And some of it will certainly depend on how much effort the players (including the GM) are willing to put into role-playing those things out. But some systems provide better mechanical support for such things than others. For...
  13. Muskrat

Her stomach clenching with worry, Ami checks the message from Nonohara-sensei.
  14. Muskrat

OOC [Magical Burst 4] Wind Colored Magical Girls

I took the Oracle advanced specialization--given Ami's actions in combat, if I take a finishing move, I'm not likely to get to use it often.
  15. Muskrat

Name: Vitzel Fact: A young woman, still studying under her father to take over the family glass-works business. Where are they: At their father's business, busily applying themselves, despite a late night
Top Bottom