• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by neutrondecay

1. neutrondecay

[Crusader Kings 2] [Let's Play] Succession Game 4: Let the Dice Fall

The event with a romance between two courtiers who don't necessarily have compatible orientations is a known bug; the event was introduced in the recent patch with improved court size functions. nd
  2. neutrondecay

regional politics - knights and rulers?

This honestly sounds like it would make a great CK2 mod. What I want to know is: if the Knights are not subject to any one of the states they defend, who set them up, and who is their leader (Grand Master) now? Of course individual monarchs may knight people themselves too, and for some...
  3. neutrondecay

[Let’s Read] Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes

It's also worth noting that Elminster's relative promiscuity has far-reaching negative consequences from time to time. For example, Lashan Aumersair of Scardale, the failed tyrant of the Dales, was a descendant of one of El's by-blows. nd
  4. neutrondecay

Stats for a "City State"

Do you mean morale, or morals? nd
  5. neutrondecay

Crusader Kings 2 II: Title Revoked

I think the Conclave council mechanics only apply if you have Conclave activated. So my advice would be always to play with Conclave activated. nd
  6. neutrondecay

[Crusader Kings 2] [Let's Play] Succession Game 4: Let the Dice Fall

Count me in. I'll try to write a good AAR. nd
  7. neutrondecay

Let's Read: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual II (1e)

And in doing so, reproduced the BECMI structure in which which Lawful is Good - that the paragons of goodness are automatically law-oriented. That's a hell of a message to be sending. nd
  8. neutrondecay

Folkloric Germany as a D&D setting - what time and region to pick?

Rudolf II as a mage-emperor was my first thought. Throw in Dr Dee, Edward Kelley, Stefan Bathory, and the legacy of the recently-deceased Johann Faust, and you've got quite a mix. nd
  9. neutrondecay

Aside from the 'short' bit, it also sounds a lot like Vril-Ya. nd
  10. neutrondecay

I think that's either a coincidence or a bit of hybridisation: the word derro is a variant of the Middle English dwerrow or dwarrow, an alternative form of dwarf. (Duergar is similarly an idiosyncratic respelling of the Old Norse plural dvergar, which is cognate.) nd
  11. neutrondecay

[Let’s Read] Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes

The specific association with the Nine Hells, and the idea of the Iron City of Dis, comes from Dante's Inferno, in which the entirety of Nether Hell is surrounded by the city walls of Dis. nd
  12. neutrondecay

Crusader Kings II Humble Bundle - NOT A DRILL!

I can't wait to play the new version of the After the End Fan Fork. And I'm working on a mod of my own (well, mine and a team of devs) which may be of particular interest to users here: how would you like to play an Abyssal Cultist yuan-ti countess trying to unify the Vilhon Reach for Sseth? nd
  13. neutrondecay

🎨 Creative What to have in a realistic castle?

To expand on this, using my examples from before: St Mary in Castro (Dover) and St Peter ad Vincula (Tower of London, inner ward) have burials; St John's chapel (Tower of London, White Tower) and the chapel of Rochester Castle do not. St Margaret's Chapel in Edinburgh is free-standing, but I...
  14. neutrondecay

🎨 Creative What to have in a realistic castle?

The chapel will pretty much always be in the innermost bailey (Edinburgh, the Tower of London) and will usually be in the keep (Rochester). The exception is at Dover, where the church tower is a Roman lighthouse, significantly closer to the cliff-edge than the keep. The term 'sanctuary' often...
  15. neutrondecay

Notable BECMI adventures?

It also claims that the setting is generic European fantasy, straight out of Tolkien, whereas one of the things I find distinctive and appealing about it is the quasi-Indian setting. nd
Top Bottom