• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by No-Brand Hero

1. No-Brand Hero

[Marvel] The Big Guardians of the Galaxy Spoiler Thread

All is right with the world with any of these three movies in any order on the top three :D
  2. No-Brand Hero

[LOTR] Discussion: Gandalf takes the Ring, bad things happen

The others failed, Saruman fell. Radaghast, whatever his faults, was absolutely still on the side of good. The blue wizards are the ones he never really decided on. Either they got wrapped up in the world, or set themselves up as petty cult leaders, or just got killed by something they...
  3. No-Brand Hero

Saruman was a disciple of Aule, the same as Sauron was. Thus he had an affinity for craftwork such as the Ring. This influenced his path in opposing Sauron: to learn as much about how Sauron crafted the Rings as he could. This knowledge led him to believe that the only way to oppose Sauron...
  4. No-Brand Hero

I think that would have ended up like Frodo claiming the Ring with no Gollum there to serve as the tool of Providence, with Sauron's minions essentially feigning servitude until Sauron showed up to take the Ring back. Frodo doesn't have the innate power to challenge Sauron, and Sauron doesn't...
  5. No-Brand Hero

Right, and that's more or less the basis for why I say that all evil would serve Morgoth if commanded. He's the source of all evil, the discord in the great music. Everything evil that happens is because long ago he sang it that way.
  6. No-Brand Hero

It's outright stated that the Valar, at least, have no idea what the hell she is. She's from the darkness 'outside'. If she's one of Eru's creations, she's one the Valar had no part in shaping, and thus is an evil not bound to Morgoth's power. Morgoth himself is an evil with no other source...
  7. No-Brand Hero

[lttp] The Winter Soldier and Amazing Spider-Man 2

See, I wish you had written that movie now :D
  8. No-Brand Hero

I don't see this as at odds with what I said. I was more going against the idea that Fury's doubts started when Cap took him to task in the Insight hanger itself, whereas clearly the movie showed that he had doubts from the start. It's just that the information that Fury was already suspicious...
  9. No-Brand Hero

Because Sauron invested in the Ring explicitly for power. Morgoth invested his power into twisting the entirety of Middle Earth because "Fuck you it's mine". The primary difference is that to truly get rid of them, you have to get rid of the place where they have invested their power. So...
  10. No-Brand Hero

(Not scooped??) Star Wars: Rebels trailer

The clones were only competent because battle droids are even worse. Except the 501st, but I highly doubt we'll be running into them.
  11. No-Brand Hero

Fury put Insight on hold because he couldn't access the files on the thumb drive the Black Widow brought back from the launch ship that was taken over by pirates that Fury hired so he had a pretext to send her in. Cap had nothing to do with Insight being put on hold, Fury was already suspicious...
  12. No-Brand Hero

The name is based on him being a Russian super-soldier, and Russians like to point out that Winter in Russia sucks.
  13. No-Brand Hero

Well, the joke originated with 1st Ed, which didn't have Wild Die, as I recall. Besides that, I never used the Wild Die for NPCs. The villains getting a stroke of good luck is what negative PC Wild Die results are for, and Han has too many dice to fail to hit a Storm Trooper at X range (where...
  14. No-Brand Hero

Fun fact: So long as there is an uncrossable chasm between them keeping them at range, Han Solo can indefinitely fight an infinite army of Stormtroopers. His stats are such that he will always kill one, and they can never hit him. Only Alan Dean Foster knows for sure :D
Top Bottom