• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by NobodyImportant

1. NobodyImportant

🎨 Creative Non-Humanocentric Dark Fantasy Setting?

I just looked through that issue on archive.org. It presents a couple of ways dragonborn-like creatures could exist in the world of Ravenloft: Created, humans turned into dragonborn through dark rituals; Cursed, humans turned into dragonborn as punishment for a transgression; Tainted, humans...
  2. NobodyImportant

First, let’s make sure we’ve nailed down what we’ve covered so far. Here’s the list of races we’ve discussed: Humans Mortif - Dhampirs - Fetches - Ghedan - Ghuls Shifters - Lupins - Ratfolk - Gnolls - Cat Shifters - Araneas Gillmen - Surfacers - Abyssals Malborn - Stitched -...
  3. NobodyImportant

[Let’s Read] Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes

How many settings depict elves as meditating on their experiences instead of sleeping? DnD elves are already weird. This just justifies, examines, and expands on that weirdness.
  4. NobodyImportant

Living in Reverie The primal elves traveled throughout the planes, but it was the Feywild that was their favorite, and where they first gathered after their banishment. It was there that they first settled into humanoid forms and figured out how to start making lemonade out of their lemons...
  5. NobodyImportant

My main design goal was to make them a little weird. We’ve got “non-humanocentric” in the thread title, but most of the races we’ve discussed are humans, human-descendants, or can make themselves look like humans. I wanted to make at least one race that was both out-and-out monstrous and a...
  6. NobodyImportant

Take a typical black lagoon creature / reaver. Make them shorter, just shorter than the average human. Make their heads just a little more piscine, and give them a short, spine-like fin that runs down their back. Make them colorful. Red, gold, lime green; if you could see it on a tree frog, you...
  7. NobodyImportant

Disney Cancels Original Films, Orders More Reboots from Fox

I never said it would be a bad thing. Just a change, and one we’ll all have to get used to. Disney’s just slightly ahead of the curve.
  8. NobodyImportant

Disney Cancels Original Films, Orders More Reboots from Fox

The movie industry will soon split in two. Big tent-pole blockbusters will go to theaters, and the little things will go to streaming. I’m not sure how it could go any other way at this point.
  9. NobodyImportant

New UA: Barbarians and Monks

New UA! This month, we’ve got two new playtest subclasses: A wild magic barbarian, and a stand-using monk.
  10. NobodyImportant

Let's Read: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual II (1e)

This book has yet to provide me with anything to suggest that a single generic archdevil statblock couldn’t have substituted for any of the guys we’ve seen so far. If you’re going to make Mephistopheles’ only distinguishing features “blue” and “paranoid”, why bother at all?
  11. NobodyImportant

Sometimes the difference between a hopeless world and one in need of heroes can be difficult to ascertain. No update tonight, I’m afraid. Time got away from me. I’ll put two updates up tomorrow to make up for it.
  12. NobodyImportant

Good to know. Infernum’s demons were for good reason designed to create balanced characters rather than monsters. Most of them are good, but there are places where you can tell they’re brushing up against their limitations. (The “Hell’s most politically powerful breed of demons resembles the...
  13. NobodyImportant

How weird is your homebrew world?

I’ve made a whole bunch of settings over the years, but there was one specifically designed to emulate weird fantasy. Here’s some of the more unique details: Elves do not age, sleep weird, and are difficult to charm. Obviously, they are actually robots. Goblins are a strange, pumpkin-like...
  14. NobodyImportant

[Let's Read] 4e Dragon & Dungeon Magazine: Monster Articles

Wait... weren’t ‘expansionism’ and ‘shaping the environment’ the myconids’ entire schtick in 4e? You’d think that would make them mortal foes.
  15. NobodyImportant

Chapter 2: Elves This section has two primary concerns. The first is to explain all the weird DnDisms that have popped up around elves. Why are they resistant to charms, why do they sleep weird? Why are there so many types of them? Like much of 5e lore, this section spends some time on...
Top Bottom