• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Olof Jönsson

1. Olof Jönsson

Inconsequential slice-of-life headcanons, pt2! (Credit to That Other Guy and Lonewolf23)

I'm sorry Mario, your Canon is in another castle. (This is the head canon thread. As in "in our heads". Again. Why do people keep ignoring that?)
  2. Olof Jönsson

SDCC Harley Quinn trailer

Only thing that bugs me is her throatpunching Aquaman. Without shattering her hand and him just looking at her confused.
  3. Olof Jönsson

💀 Necro How would you rewrite Mass Effect: Andromeda?

Barely anyone did remember the games (there were two. Same stupid twist ending in both). Most who did remembered the (then) fun gameplay, which has since been topped by better games. Me, while I loved the original gameplay, I hated the ending and didn't buy the sequels. So... I think any...
  4. Olof Jönsson

"No one can be told what the Matrix is" - "complicated" media that isn't

Yeah...the whole thing about DMC and AWE is that they're intended to be that game with the ball and three cups. The rules are easy. It's following the ball that's tricky, and that's intentional. Some critics hate that. They like movies where they can focus on character motivations and acting and...
  5. Olof Jönsson

Maybe. But if so, I find Mass Effect to be the wrong fit. Much like unlike a lot of others I wouldn't want a Mirror Universe series of Star Trek. Personally, I wouldn't mind a plot where you fight the imperialists at all, it's the whole "But first you help them do some ethnic cleansing!"-part I...
  6. Olof Jönsson

Inconsequential slice-of-life headcanons, pt2! (Credit to That Other Guy and Lonewolf23)

That scans with Star Trek Online canon where the Federation has eventually managed to figure out how to artificially replicate/recreate the particles that cause that effect. It's the main mass-heal ability used by Engineers in the game. Speaking of Trek... The "prune juice is a warrior's...
  7. Olof Jönsson

I'll admit I'm incredibly uncomfortable with any game premise where I help imperialist fascist racist overlords even unknowingly. It'd smear the entire story for me in a very...unpleasant...light. But then I got sick and tired of Crackdown after the first game.
  8. Olof Jönsson

Hmmm. Some thoughts. For me, personally, having the Citadel and stuff doesn't work, because then it's just ME4. I wanted a new series in the same setting, I got it. Flawed, but it was a new game series in the same setting. Much like Stargate: Universe. MEA works in my opinion because we have...
  9. Olof Jönsson

Criticism that misses the point

Personally, I love the MCU Skrulls. Their whole comics history is so weird. Like...they were the nice, peaceful ones of the two uplifted species. Why are they constantly being shown as the deceitful, cowardly warlike ones? Shouldn't that be the Kree all along? The ones who stabbed their...
  10. Olof Jönsson

For sequels I'd actually kind of like the idea that a conventional war is fought. Yes, the Kett are awful people, but they're not godlike entities beyond human ken (the Archons like to pretend they are, but that's just racist smugness speaking), they can be fought and beaten. With the Heleus...
  11. Olof Jönsson

The KIng's Man Trailer[Spoilers?] WW1 movie!

If they cut back on the gross-out humor and focus on the actual mild satire it'll probably be good. But that goes for anything tangentially related to Millar.
  12. Olof Jönsson

Here's how I would rewrite it, given proper funding, staffing and support by the mother company (unlike what they actually got): Explain at least half of the mystery of the Remnant during the main game. No saving it for DLC because you never know if a game will hit big or not. I'd show more of...
  13. Olof Jönsson

The suffocating pressure of everything being always online and the vanishing joy of single player.

Another "fun" thing is when you're playing a Single Player game and the game keeps constantly reminding you you're no longer hooked up to their online server. I KNOW. I'm playing single player. Leave me alone.
  14. Olof Jönsson

(Comics) Your Favorite Superhero Costume Designs

I love the fact that Confessor I's costume has a glowing cross on his chest not because of special effects... ...but because it's a simple white cross touching him.
  15. Olof Jönsson

The problem with pretty villains is that a large faction of players tend to go "Oh, wait, these guys are both hawt-looking and hawt. I must believe they have a valid point even though their ethos is Nazism." It happens over and over and over. So I'm fine with horrific body horror villains...
Top Bottom