• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Perdidas

1. Perdidas

Futureslang!

Even better if you give them a vague allusion to a real word, like 'smeg'!
  2. Perdidas

Any recommendations for podcasts that aren't just a bunch of people sitting around and chatting?

I think any suggestions will be dependent on your particular interests and location, but my favourite podcasts in my feed are: Slow Burn (an in-depth investigation of political and media responses to major US political scandals) Amicus (a very wonky examination of the US Supreme Court and...
  3. Perdidas

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order trailer dropped

So I've just watched this trailer, and have no idea what the game is. I just saw some cinematics set in the Star Wars universe.
  4. Perdidas

Getting Used to the New UI

Thanks for the quick reply Shannon, and for all the hard work over the last week with the forum transfer!
  5. Perdidas

Any fans of the COIN system?

So I recently picked up Root from Leder Games, and having played it a half dozen times I absolutely love it. The way that the different mechanics of each faction forms a little ecosystem is so captivating - it's definitely one of my favourite new board games in a long time. I know that one of...
  6. Perdidas

Getting Used to the New UI

There are a questions which were asked upthread, but I haven't seen addressed: 1) is it possible to change the width of forum posts? There's an awful lot of unused space at the edges of the screen; 2) how do you disable avatars in the new forum software? I've had them disabled for over a...
  7. Perdidas

Games That Aged Beautifully

I'm not a fan of Touhou games, but I do think lots of games in the bullet hell genre from the '90s-2000s (particularly those by Cave) definitely fit the criteria for the thread. They're generally sprite-based (so don't have the low-res polygon problem that makes a lot of PS1/2 games from that...
  8. Perdidas

Games That Aged Beautifully

Space Ace from 1983 has better visual and sound design than any modern game. (Of course, it's only ten minutes long...) I'll edit to add that for all the current industry's fixation on immersion and narrative (often at the expense of gameplay), that Super Metroid simply oozes atmosphere, and...
  9. Perdidas

The D&D E-Sport will be called "RPGSports" (updated)

Re: The D&D E-Sport will be called "DnDSports" Kind of like Frag King?
  10. Perdidas

Hilda - New Ghibli-flavoured cartoon coming to Netflix

How did we get this far into the thread without anyone mentioning that the theme song is by Grimes?
  11. Perdidas

I have played Root, and it is an amazing game

I've been watching playthrough videos on youtube and reading the quickplay guide online, and am super excited to get my hands on a copy! I put through my preorder a few days ago, but sadly it probably won't arrive in Australia until mid-September. Which factions did you play in your games? Did...
  12. Perdidas

board/card games that use a common "engine"

Would Agricola and Caverna's approach to worker placement count?
  13. Perdidas

Squares, Hexes or Gridless

Hexes for RPGs and board games, inches for miniatures.
  14. Perdidas

First date/ icebreaker couples games? looking for recommendations.

From the perspective of dating (rather than gaming) advice, I wouldn't bring along any "hobby" games unless you're sure your date is already a gamer or has expressed interest in them. A first date is for getting to know someone and lightheartedly chat, not to puzzle over the rules of some...
Top Bottom