• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Proteus

1. Proteus

[MCU] The significance of the snap. (Endgame Spoilers)

The Snap seems to signify using all the Stones at once. The Time Stone seems to be the only individual stone with a gestural interface. It's possible that when Thanos first heard about the infinity stones he became fixated on the idea of achieving his goal "with a snap of his fingers", and as...
  2. Proteus

[Lets Read] Pathfinder Book of the Damned

I really like Pathfinder's Baalzebul and his history with Asmo. Also his look is flipping fantastic.
  3. Proteus

I think Areshkagal is absolutely great. I feel like an encounter with her cult would be super flavourful. The only thing I'd change is her name, which references Ereshkigal, a Mesopotamian goddess with nothing in common with her. The mythological goddess Ereshkigal can basically be dropped...
  4. Proteus

There's a psychopomp usher (the Pale Horse) in Concordance of Rivals who used to be a Horseman's steed.
  5. Proteus

I may be misreading you, but Apollyon was never worshipped as a god of disease IRL. It's a Greek word meaning "destroyer" that features in the New Testament and then has an exciting history in judeo-christian demonology, as many words in the Bible did.
  6. Proteus

Yup, that makes perfect sense from a Doylist perspective. And is also absolutely a good thing for the game (it's much easier to fit the plans of Scorpion Queen into a game set in Golarion than it is to work out the machinations of the Marchioness of Shifting Fangs). I'm deep in the Watsonian...
  7. Proteus

That's the concept, but it doesn't come off that well in the execution. Admittedly, they've made sure to associate all the demon lords (and other demons) with sins, which is good. But the trappings always seem more distinctive and relevant than the sin. Jubilex is oozes, Pazuzu is birds, this...
  8. Proteus

It's also that most of these domains don't really come across as the materialised vision of a mad warlord from the plane of chaotic evil. I know it starts to sound a bit more Exalted than Pathfinder, but if that's the way these regions come about, I'd expect more shit like jungles of ice...
  9. Proteus

Seems odd to me that the chaotic Abyss is the place that neatly divides up creatures and terrains and gives everything a boss. Here's the jungle place, only jungle things live here, they are ruled by the Demon Lord of Jungles. Deserts, scorpions, gnolls, oozes. You name it, there's a Demon...
  10. Proteus

Interesting that Pathfinder uses the Gnostic term Pleroma twice - for Abraxas' realm, and also for a type of Aeon.
  11. Proteus

🎨 Creative The fire before the Thaw (Lets riff a setting of Geomancy, ritual shamaisim, and stone age Gun slinging!)

The ice demons, are we talking real-world megafauna made evil? Or can we go with giant ground-sloth bodies with terror-bird heads, and fell siren-singing walruses whose heads resemble a flayed aurochs skull? Mammoths with symbiotic mosquito colonies in their bellies, whose trunks spray a...
  12. Proteus

🎨 Creative The fire before the Thaw (Lets riff a setting of Geomancy, ritual shamaisim, and stone age Gun slinging!)

I feel like the videogame Far Cry: Primal should give us inspiration. Where your companion owl can drop ceramic pots full of wasps/poison/flammables on your enemies.
  13. Proteus

[Let's Read] D&D 3.5 Monster Manual III

It could easily be called a Canodaemon, and be the soul of an evil person who was torn apart by wild animals.
  14. Proteus

One space marine per planet?

Yes, thank you! I thought it was lost to the mists of time!
Top Bottom