• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Quorg

1. Q

[Suggest a system] Vampire aristocrats openly ruling their mortal subjects.

Yeah, Black Crusade is the Chaos Cultists one. Basically, in addition to the normal stat spread (which if I remember right was still basically identical to WFRP) each character had a stat called Infamy. It looked like the others, a little percentile thing, and sort of tracks your Rep amongst the...
  2. Q

Fate Rules - statting out "emotions" and other stressors as enemies (Fate Fractal?)

Yeah... I think I'll echo what's been said upthread in that I am much more likely to use emotions as a consequence or aspect tag, in that... I guess their an internal reaction generally. And the player can decide whether to give in, or choke them down, but it is very much attached to the...
  3. Q

[Suggest a system] Vampire aristocrats openly ruling their mortal subjects.

Black Crusade. Ok, maybe not exactly... but I feel like you could get a lot of mileage out of bolting something like the Infamy system onto your WFRP vampires and running with it. Otherwise, have you considered Undying? Its a bit more street level, but has a very interesting economy of favour...
  4. Q

Workshopping World Creation and World Creation Basics

I'd sure be interested in a workshop. I mean, I don't think I've ever seen something like that run, but I'd be very happy to see it work out. I think that the best thing that a guide can do is infuse a world with both goals and conflicts; basically everything your budding GM and players need to...
  5. Q

[Eclipse Phase] Making Eclipse Phase less mission-oriented?

If you want to keep the big goals in mind but keep it a bit more freeform, I had a few thoughts... -A group of nominally Firewall militants trying to keep any horrors getting loose from the Titan Quarantine Zone on Mars (or maybe capturing them for study...?). Plenty of fun trying to destroy...
  6. Q

Help me with my League of Assassins

(Having just backed Cartel and finished a playthrough of Mother Russia Bleeds...) The lawman says that the drugs will kill all of us eventually. I think they're just upset that they won't get the chance to do it personally. Folk call us dogs because we were born poor and raised hungry. They...
  7. Q

Common misconceptions about popular/famous stories

Incidentally, despite the protagonist's constant internal monologue to the contrary, neither are the titular characters in Sergei Lukyanenko's Night Watch. They... well, when the Dark Ones get a chance to narrate in book 2, you realise what jerks the Big Damn Heroes look like to everyone else...
  8. Q

Wraith 2E: Dead Spectres

Thanks for that... I thought it might be the case, but... Well, digging the rules out of walls of apparent flavour text has been a bit of a challenge with this one. Though by rules, in this case, I mean more the vital metaphysics rather than "roll X to..." And given how vital and complex...
  9. Q

Wraith 2E: Dead Spectres

Hey all. Wondering if there were any Wraith gurus out there who could answer this question... I've got the 2nd Ed rulebook, and it might be buried in there somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. When a Spectre is reduced to zero corpus, are they gone forever, or do they reconstitute...
  10. Q

Rpgs with settings that have angels

All of Their Strengths has angels. I mean its super silly over the top fun, and most PCs are assumed to be some kind of hybrid entity (Angel-demon? Angel-vampire? Angel-human if you want your aasimar...) but the angels themselves are still very much a thing. There are allusions to the Earth's...
  11. Q

Rules before setting or setting before rules ?

I like it when the rules make setting. Your Apocalypse World derived engines are good for this, as are oracle type systems like Questlandia. You could even drop deep-story type games such as Archipelago, Polaris and House of Masks into this mould... the rules give a ritual framework from which...
  12. Q

Dealing with too powerful forms of transport

Anyone know how to drive it? On a more serious note, that sounds like an awesome idea and you should totally roll with it (in my mind, anyway). Loads of opportunity for adventure, terror, and tension given they are trying to pilot a (civilian?) sub through a military cordon (in the dead of...
  13. Q

Dramatic Poles, anyone?

I think that, as a genre piece too, its reflected nicely in Chronicles of Darkness Virtue and Vice system. Essentially, who are you at your worst? And who are you at your best? Either one can make you powerful, but it is a lot easier and safer to be one of the wicked. I suppose in a narrative...
  14. Q

[Blades in the Dark] How have you narrated running out of Stress to burn?

Lets see... there's two I remember. After a vicious knife fight with some gondoliers in the underground canals, our Spider wound up alone on an islet slowly going under with the tide, trying to hold the slash in their neck shut. Naturally, with things going bad to worse an eel showed up, and...
  15. Q

[Unknown Armies 3E] Substituting for Knowledge

I've tended to read it as an extension of the "I'm a Y, of course I can X" statement that drives a lot of the identities. If you think this Know roll is way outside the scope of what an Electrician would know, then maybe it is a step too far. Unless the character has made references to going to...
Top Bottom