Recent content by Raleel

1. R

Runequest Essentials: Who Has Run a Game With It?

I did a long time ago for a one shot to get my group onto what is now Mythras. It worked great, and I do wish that Imperative included a bit more sometimes. Still, Runequest Essentials is a fine product and you can easily run whole campaigns with it. It’s actually not missing much outside of 3...
  2. R

The status of Cortex Prime?

@Cam Banks should be able to help
  3. R

BRP Palladium?

My choice on that was to not. I could not see how a rogue scholar in power armor was any different than a SAMAS pilot, other than lack of ability to pilot a SAMAS. At that point, armor is armor. Dragons get some, etc. If you need a weapon to go through the armor, use an armor piercing instead of...
  4. R

BRP Palladium?

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/in-which-we-joust-at-the-windmill-of-rifts.2577/ been tinkering here
  5. R

Runequest/Mythras is this a viable character concept

Quite viable for Mythras. there are even multiple ways to do it. The rules on not getting POW back is a convention for the core rules, but hardly required. In sorcery, he would use Enchant, Combined with what he wanted to Enchant. So, if he wanted to make a magic axe that did better damage, be...
  6. R

Which Runequest should a Noob start with?

New runequest is lightly crunchier than CoC. It adds in hit locations, for example. That having been said, I don't find it particularly crunchy in any event. If it's the world that interest you, https://www.chaosium.com/the-glorantha-sourcebook-pdf/ might be of use. it's the no-system flavor...
  7. R

Bringing back old campaigns

I still love ToEE. It's just now I run it with Mythras Classic Fantasy, and it's like a whole new game :)
  8. R

[WIR] TMNT/After the Bomb/Road Hogs

That is an impressive pun. I had to go look it up, and I entirely approve. Thanks for trenching me a new word.
  9. R

Dumb stuff your group has basically internalized at this point

We have a few things. A lot of one off references that became the norm over the years mostly and I only think about them in the moment. One 13th age game my most straight laced “roll” player guy said “blah blah blah, skip the flavor text” and that stuck. I got revenge on him by taking advantage...
  10. R

Street Cred and Rep

Mythras has something like this in it's Monster Island supplement. Essentially, a percentile score for the rep or the cred. You can use that percent to augment a skill (add 20% of it), or as the skill itself in some cases. I put together a similar sort of thing for my Mythras Cyberpunk hack. I...
  11. R

[Yet another] Recommend a system to me thread

I have played it and run it. I would say it is at most medium crunch, and not very at that. It's pretty light. sadly, I don't think I can offer any help. That covers most of the systems i would use for that space (BRP derivatives, particularly Mythras). I might suggest fate of the norns...
  12. R

Games That Get Little Love, Save From You

Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok, which is mentioned occasionally but generally by the same folks :) runes for randomization, all sorts of meta stuff such it. Black seven, a little stealth rpg. Designed to do specifically stealth games. I love it for importing into other systems.
  13. R

Battle royale of the sword & sorcery RPGs!

Mythras for me, having run it and found it quite to my taste for a Conan game.
  14. R

[Maths] Trying to understand opposed dice pools

it's a 60% skill vs a 50% skill :)
  15. R

Which sword & sorcery game and setting would you choose?

One could easily do that, it would not be hard to remove the parts that are a little less S&S too, like elves and dwarves and priestly healing, etc. the books were designed to be portable.
Top Bottom