• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Rickard Elimää

1. R

Crafting, what's the point?

And I apologize for assuming what thorya wanted instead of asking. My fault indeed, and I should had pointed out better when I actually tried to answer his question. Don't care if I get a ban for doing this post.
  2. R

New Dice Pool / TN / Specialty Idea

That is smart. I will probably steal that in the future. :)
  3. R

But the attributes are used twice as well. What's weird is that attributes are not that important while the skill is low because you will fail with a lot of dice anyway (=not having to keep them), but they becomes more important as the skill increases. I dunno if that's your intention. You...
  4. R

You're using the same numbers twice. You're getting more dice because of the skill, but the skill also determines success. I would suggest having a fixed number of dice to roll and then let attributes and skills affect that dice pool.
  5. R

Guidelines For Basic Typography

http://erebaltor.se/rickard/typography/ Added the ninth and last part. The page and images will probably get some changes over the next few days but the main part is there.
  6. R

I enjoy all those crafting systems I talked about. How is that not answering your question? I even wrote in italics why I like them. It feels like you got something against me that you dragged in from another thread, or a couple of threads. Like I said in the PM, you totally misunderstood me...
  7. R

Simplifying the Combat Round

If you can't find any good reviews of the game system, let me know so I can read the game and give you a summary.
  8. R

[Quality Core] Critique the dice mechanic please

Yes, this was exactly what I had in mind. :) Imagine six different cards with spaces for each type of success. The quality 1 card has one big space for the sixes. The player then places the sixes in that card. The quality 2 card got one big space for all fives and sixes. The quality 3 card got...
  9. R

Oh, forgot about the title. None of these games are "simple", at least when it comes to how fast each "turn" is resolved.
  10. R

Sounds pretty much like Warhammer FRPG 3 with the ranges and everything apart from the victory track. Otherwise, Hollowpoint has an interesting mechanic for what you're talking about, apart from the ranges, but I have to google it to explain it so I can leave that up to you to do that instead.
  11. R

Yeah, that has been my main point with all my posts. thorya assumes that there is just one crafting system, but there are tons of them with different purposes; different ways of enjoying them. Matiné: loosegear mechanic; forces the players to become creative. Star Wars d6: upgrading ship...
  12. R

[Quality Core] Critique the dice mechanic please

I wouldn't mind it, if you got a smart solution on the character sheet so the person can instantly see the target numbers (like checking boxes every time they raise a skill) or having six different arc - one for each Quality - that the participants can place the rolled dice on to see how many...
  13. R

Star Wars d6 had a really cool idea for upgrading spaceships. It was easy and consisted merely of bonuses, but the ship could be upgraded with credits and experience points which meant that the players invested something in it. So when in a battle, the tie fighters weren't shooting at the ship...
  14. R

Sarcasm ftw. (Why even bother answering?)
Top Bottom