• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Sark

1. S

[Let's Read] D&D 3.5 Monster Manual III

I have to suspect that, if we go digging deep enough, we'll find an applicable template which will change him to the appropriate creature type. It's 3.x after all, if you torture the rules enough they will inevitably confess.
  2. S

Bland, but oddly prescient. Thud! will introduce Mr Shine maybe a year or so after this gets published.
  3. S

What is the least playable RPG?

HYBRID usually gets left out of these kinds of comparisons (including the 'worst RPG ever' type ones) because it kinda seems unfair to dump on an author who, by most accounts, had a severe untreated mental illness.
  4. S

Mordhau caters to the toxic.

There's also at least one (possibly apocryphal) report of a Japanese noblewoman doing this, flashing included, in response to a demand to surrender or her captured adult son would be executed.
  5. S

I have to admit, upon seeing the picture I just assumed they were some sort of pseudo-Illithid. What we actually got is better. Sometimes weird for the sake of weird works, at least when it's attached to a passable set of mechanics. Also I'm totally stealing this thing as a one-bug nightclub...
  6. S

Looking Back at D&D 3.0 Core

In fairness, the better state of class splatbooks in 3.5 owes a lot to the successes and failures of the 3.0 ones. Though I tend to think 3.5 has the edge as far as producing a good game goes if you're comparing the full lines. 3.0/.5/PF largely share the same overall issues but the breadth of...
  7. S

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

It's pretty rough. There's some interesting bits to it (it plays kind of like a hybrid of your typical SNK fighter and a one-v-one version of Final Fight/Streets of Rage) but the execution really isn't there. Unless it's dirt cheap or you can forgive a lot for that idea I'd pass. On the other...
  8. S

Looking Back at D&D 3.0 Core

Because people want some system for languages, but they primarily want that system to do the little it's asked of it and then get out of the way because it isn't the focus and hinging entire encounters on "Who remembered to buy max ranks in X?" isn't a whole lot of fun. Doubly so for a game...
  9. S

Free stuff you can watch on line legally?

Dailymotion is pretty much entirely pirate material. Not big name pirate material, as that actually gets removed, but it's stocked by material from companies that are too small, uncaring, foreign or whatever to bother with the effort to get their shows pulled from a niche website that won't...
  10. S

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

They booked Moxley vs Janela and let them lay the match out . If they weren't intending that to go into deathmatch territory, they're the most out of touch bookers since Watts was brought into WCW.
  11. S

I believe it was mostly Jim and New Jack, probably with the odd bit of input from anyone who felt like pitching an idea. Not one of SMW's finest moments. There's a storyline you could use there, even one that does keep the Gangsta's as heels, but holy shit did they screw the pooch on every...
  12. S

One of the local indies (well, next state over) recently brought in Joey Ryan and Joey Janella to do a battle of the Joeys. At some point a photo of Jim Cornette got stapled to Joey Ryan. On his face, which admittedly is not where I was expecting it to be stuck. So close, and yet so far.
  13. S

Probably more accurate to call them the 4WD of mounts. Can go anywhere, only gets used to drop the spawn off at school.
  14. S

Hearthstone VI: I want to stab the darkness

The thing is, Vanish isn't seeing a whole lot of play right now (and has not been a consistent Rogue staple) because it's not a board clear in the traditional sense. It's a stall card. Yeah, bouncing to their hand gets stuff off the board. Stuff that will immediately begin making its return...
  15. S

Hearthstone VI: I want to stab the darkness

Malygos is likely to stick around. It's an iconic card and, generally, not actually all that powerful. When it has been broken it's been the result of cards that let you cheat the overall resource game and those tend to break games in conjunction with just about any curve topper (or not so curve...
Top Bottom