• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Shattercrack

1. Shattercrack

Thoughts on core dice mechanic?

Hey everyone - thanks for all the feedback. Lots of interesting ideas here and suggestions on the core mechanic. It's also helping me focus on the design further. Here's my current thoughts. Design Goals a) Small dice pools (avoiding Shadowrun/Exalted syndrome), so there would be a cap of 5D on...
  2. Shattercrack

@Alban - interesting ideas. I'll think about that as I keep working this out. I do want attributes to be more important than skills in this game for thematic reasons but I'm not sure if it won't be too confusing to swap between the Attribute or Skill as the roll versus keep pool depending which...
  3. Shattercrack

Thanks for the feedback so far. @Alban - I'm not sure I follow you. Could you clarify your suggestion? PS - thanks for the code! @Octiron - Sir Ranulf would still roll three dice. He wouldn't be hitting the cap until he got to more than five dice in Swordsmanship.
  4. Shattercrack

Players have up to ten dice in each skills, combat techniques or powers. Five dice is pretty decent. Dice are d8 pools, with 6, 7 and 8 counting as a success. Dice caps for rolls are determined by their attributes. For example, if Sir Ranulf’s Reflexes is 3, and his Swordsmanship is 5, his...
  5. Shattercrack

Skills for Dark Ages Game

Here's the current draft of the list, based on excellent feedback. I feel this covers most situations for PC adventuring. Academia----->Knowledge gained from general education, including theology, geography, history and literature Animal Handling----->Handling animals, care and feeding...
  6. Shattercrack

The time period I'm thinking is equivalent to around 750-800AD, Charles Martell's to Charlemagne's era (so yes, there would be logistics involved!) Points of light, dark forest everywhere, an empire struggling to maintain its borders against multiple fronts. Lots of dark sorcerers, witches...
  7. Shattercrack

Superhero System Recommendation - For Tired Players + Streamlined Character Sheets + Great Encounters + Interesting Advancement/Development

AMP sounds like a great game/storyline and I've added it to my list. However, when I polled the players, they want to play something like the Marvel movies, rather than low-powered superheroes like in 'Heroes' struggling to protect a world that hates and fears them (and so forth). I'll still...
  8. Shattercrack

Superhero System Recommendation - For Tired Players + Streamlined Character Sheets + Great Encounters + Interesting Advancement/Development

We tried Cypher earlier (played through the Devil's Spine) but the simulationists in the group felt the rules and powers were too fuzzy and inconsistent (e.g. some tier powers and classes, like Glaives vs Nanos) felt unbalanced to them. I also brought up M&M again, but one guy hates the damage...
  9. Shattercrack

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I've suggested Champions/Hero, but one of the players said it would take too long to set up and run combats in our short weeknight timeslot which is about 2 and half hours. However, I'll look at the basic rules that someone linked to and see if I like...
  10. Shattercrack

I’m going to run a supers game, but on a weeknight slot. Everyone will be tired, and will just want to punch things. So the idea is to have a game with a strong action focus, but also interesting villains and complications and allow for different encounters, including death traps. The issue is...
  11. Shattercrack

Asking for Advice Abound

For my first campaign like this I'd consider what system would be easiest to run and generate content for the campaign world with? Particularly good, solid encounters? Assuming you want to write all original stories, I'd suggest Fate Core (particularly if you or group of have experience with). I...
  12. Shattercrack

Growling Door Games Shutting Down

Also, Matthew Dawkins (totally different person and a gentleman gamer) worked on 'It Came from Beneath the Sea'. Possibly some of his other credits are being confused with Bad Matt's in the above reddit clipping.
  13. Shattercrack

I'm working in a Dark Ages game, about holy knights fighting against various gribblies in a dark land. I'm playing with my list of skills, to make sure it captures everything required for knightly monster hunting adventures (apart from combat/defense skills which are separate). My preference is...
  14. Shattercrack

RPGSmith Launch

What systems does it support? I'm hoping for 13th AGE SRD support.
  15. Shattercrack

Mythic D6 KS Draft

How would this system work for a superhero setting like Aberrant, where the more powers were used or pumped, the more the superhero got unstable, with things like temporary insanities and mutations? I guess you could use the disadvantage system, but it's not directly linked to powers usage the...
Top Bottom