• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Skywalker

1. Skywalker

Is the Best RPG still to come?

Given my tastes change over time, that question isn't even applicable from my (subjective) perspective.
  2. Skywalker

WFRP 4e vs Zweihander, if I had to pick one?

It’s a possibility. Just one that seemed odd and unneeded to us given how much we enjoy career progression and see it is as a defining feature of the ruleset. It felt like adding the option for classless PCs in D&D. Sure some players would enjoy it, but adding it diminished the ruleset for us...
  3. Skywalker

WFRP 4e vs Zweihander, if I had to pick one?

I would choose Zweihander. I own all of WFRP1e and 2e and really like them both, so I don’t need 4e’s setting material. Zweihander allows me to use the rule system for other settings more easily, which is a nice new feature. The upcoming Western, Samurai, and Colonial American options for...
  4. Skywalker

[Let's Read] Zweihander Grim & Perilous RPG Revised Core Rulebook

Given that you only have two Profession changes for each PC and at least one is highly likely to be an Expert one, you don’t really need to restrict players to sticking to an archetype in this way IME. Most players will also look to reinforce their PC’s niche as well due to natural incentives...
  5. Skywalker

There is no requirement (or incentive) to stay within an Archetype when switching Professions. You move to whatever makes the most sense at the time.
  6. Skywalker

It may reduce book flipping a little when making a PC but it would increase book flipping a lot more thereafter. Given the default character generation is by random roll, alphabetical order is a much better choice IMO
  7. Skywalker

I like it too. There is no weighing up increasing the attribute instead of skills to see which is better. If you want to succeed more, advance skills. If you want to increase the effect of the attribute, advance the bonus.
  8. Skywalker

All skills are based on the Attributes. And you can increase skills by 10 to 20% each.
  9. Skywalker

Best game for Claymore (anime) PCs?

I know the system gets a lot of flak (and rightly so), but I seem to recall someone having done an Anima hack for Claymore. There is certainly enough flexibility in its many systems to achieve it.
  10. Skywalker

ENnies 2019 Nominations

Fingers crossed for Forbidden Lands, Kult, Legacy and Liminal (and Symbaroum and Coriolis).
  11. Skywalker

Aberrant 2nd Edition (Comic / Kickstarter is Running)

Are these two books available to the public, even if in PDF? I assume that they are but I cant find them anywhere. I wanted to read them before deciding on pledging for Aberrant.
  12. Skywalker

Best game for Claymore (anime) PCs?

The Double Cross RPG would be my first thought, though you would need to reskin the modern setting to fantasy. They did that officially in Japan but it was never translated.
  13. Skywalker

Legacy - worldfall and primal pathways

I have played Legacy but neither of these alt settings. However, to answer your questions: - I wouldn't consider Primal Pathways to be anymore soloable than other RPG. Played solo looks like it would lose the competing evolution of various species which seems to be an element that the RPG is...
  14. Skywalker

Looking for good TTRPG to play with kids

I would second Advanced Fighting Fantasy. Its great, simple, and versatile. Though its suitable for children, it has a cool gritty setting/vibe that many RPGs designed for children lack.
  15. Skywalker

Looking for good TTRPG to play with kids

Though Tales from the Loop has children PCs, I wouldn't recommend it for young players. IME adults tend to get a kick out of the nostalgia in the game from playing younger PCs, where as children generally don't get a kick about playing PCs their own age. There is some darkness in the scenarios too.
Top Bottom